Campus Cutie: Jean M. Martinez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Life tends to be really funny sometimes. You know how they always say that Puerto Rico is a very small place. It is indeed, as little as the fact that I interviewed this cutie’s brother a couple of years ago. Let me tell you, good genes run in the family. He’s a tall, charismatic man with a mind of his own. Interviewing him felt like opening a book that wanted to be read. A future entrepreneur, Jean has a lot to offer for this campus, as to this country. Keep your eyes open, because every moves he makes, is for the better. Definitely a very handsome, smart man. Meet this week’s Campus Cutie:

Name: Jean M. Martinez Perez

Age: 20

Major: General Program, but switching to Human Resources 

Hometown: Guaynabo

Relationship Status: Single, like a pringle

Classification: 4th year

1. HCUPR: So you have a thing for photography. Tell us about it.

Jean: I remember I didn’t think photography was that great, until a friend of mine started taking pictures right next to my ear. It was the sound that made me love it. Like it was taking me to different places. Also my ex-best friend loved photography. Besides, capture a moment is a great feeling, because you don’t get to have the same one twice, yet you have the image that reminds you of it.

2. HCUPR: You also happen to be in the General Council of Students?

Jean: It goes way back, I used to be the President of the General Council in my high school. Also, I remember when I came here in freshman year, in the meetings, I said to a friend of mine: I will be that guy someday (reffering to the old President). I think that being there helps me give out what the students want and need.

3. HCUPR: You also happen to be a co-founder of Infinite Media Group:

Jean: It’s about positioning brands, and covering events. Public Relationshios, basically. Right now, we’re working on the legal area to push us to the big leagues. Our short term plans include expanding local businesses and make our own small events. Long term plans are based upon the fact that we want P.R. to the the center of entertainment. You know, when they think about doing an awesome gig, they think of Puerto Rico as the place to do so.

4. HCUPR: Ideal date + Partner:

Jean: My ideal date would be a girl who’s simple. Someone who is kind of jealous. Not to the extreme of course. I’m a firm believer that if she gets jealous, it’s because she cares. A girl who has a great relationship with our friends. Also I love a girl who wears skirts and dresses, they always make a girl look beautiful. Someone who is quiet, a challenge. She has to be shorter than me too. In case of the ideal date an italian restaurant, not very known. A place where you could walk around afterwards Ice cream after the restaurant is a must.

5. HCUPR: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Jean: Hopefully with an office, dealing with the Infinite Media Project, producting events at a big building, full of glass. I’ll also be doing philantrophy, if God permits.

6. HCUPR: Who is your role model?

Jean: Rutger Geerling. He’s from New Zealand. He’s the official photographer of Electronica Events.

7. HCUPR: If you would meet anyone for a day who would it be and why?

Jean: Jennifer Aniston or Zoey Deeschanel. She’s a timeless woman. I just realized Jennifer Aniston is my ideal woman.

8. HCUPR: Something not many people know about you?

Jean: I am a hopeless romantic. Also I cry sometimes during romantic movies, especially “Tres metros sobre el cielo”and “Tengo ganas de ti.”

9. HCUPR: If you could do anything without getting caught, what would it be?

Jean:Escape with my partner to a desert island, leaving our phones off, without distraction, where there is no illumination and at night, the stars will be envious.And of course, rob a bank and become a millionaire.

10. HCUPR: Describe yourself in 3 words:

Jean: Humble, Honest and Confident.

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.