Campus Cutie: Ixchell Román

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Green eyes, long dark curls, amazing smile. It’s a combo hard to miss. This girl is not only looks, though: she can make your day shine with her contagious positive aura. This is the girl next door we’ve seen in movies, but instead you actually bump into each other while taking classes. Without further ado,  I present to you this week’s Campus Cutie: Ixchell Román.

Name: Ixchell Y. Roman

Age: 20 years old

Hometown: Quebradillas

Classification: Junior

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Aquarious

Major : Chemistry, but changing into Interdisciplinary Studies

1. HCUPR: What are your goals?

Ixchell: My short-term goals are to graduate in the shortest possible amount of time, but enjoying this stage.  Later, I hope to enter medical school to help many people.

2.HCUPR: What is your favorite quote, why?

Ixchell: “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” I really like this quote because in each positive or negative situation, you always win something. I think it’s better to have a memory of something that happened, instead of just having an illusion or wishful thinking it did.

3. HCUPR: If you could do anything without getting caught, what would it be?

Ixchell: I’d probably slash the tires of the garbage truck that passes by my apartment everyday and wakes me up, even though it has actually saved me from being late to classes.

4.HCUPR: Craziest thing you’re willing to admit:

Ixchell: I’m innocent until proven guilty.

5. HCUPR: You’re from “Naturales”, the faculty of the walking dead. How do you manage?

Ixchell: When you say it’s the faculty of zombies, you are not lying. I try to use my free time to watch presentations or videos of the classes. Sometimes it is not easy because besides my classes I have my work, family, and activities. I think the key is to have a balance.

6.HCUPR: Ideal partner + date:

Ixchell: What can I say?  I’m not very good in this department, or maybe it’s because I haven’t met the right person yet.. My ideal guy is respectful, family-friendly, with goals, vision for the future, outgoing, honest. I’d like someone who enjoys and balances out my bubbly side, and he needs to have a sense of humor. It’s a lot, I know, but if it’s an ideal you’re talking about, we need to have pretty high standards. About the “date”, something casual that includes food, alcohol and a good atmosphere.

7. HCUPR: Fun fact about you:

Ixchell: I always try to make the best out of a bad situation.

8. Describe yourself in three words:

Ixchell: Social, charismatic, patient.

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.