Campus Cutie: Christian Rosa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Christian Rosa is so easygoing that it’s almost surprising how easily he attracts attention. Besides his attraction to psychology and journalism, this handsome fella has an endearing appreciation for world cultures and is currently learning to parler français.  With subtle enchantment behind his words, let Christian woo you with his neverending adorableness. 

Name: Christian Rosa Olmo

Age: 21 

Major: Psychology

Relationship Status: Rollercoaster 

Hometown: San Juan

Fave Food: Probably pizza. I never get tired of it. I love Italian food. 

Fave Place: Hard to pick. I love New York in the United States. I also love many cities of Europe. 

HCUPR: Tell us, Christian, what is your line of study?

Christian:  I’m currently a Psychology student.

HCUPR:  Is there another line of work that felt appealing enough to pursue?

Christian:  Psychology is an interesting field for me and I enjoy studying it, but initially I wanted to go into Communications, PR & Advertising.  An ideal line of work would be something arts-related, like Photography, TV & Film, or even writing (even though I’m not very good at it). You know, something that unleashes your creativity and makes you fall in love with what you do. 

HCUPR:  Seeing these two varied study fields, how would you plan to merge psychology with journalism?

Christian: Well I think Psychology can be merged with almost everything. Psychology is used in the field of advertising to create appealing ads that sell themselves to people, so I can always go with that, even though I haven’t settled my opinion on that field of work. 

HCUPR:  You recently went to visit Machu Picchu in Peru. Could you tell us about it?

Christian:  Yeah, last summer I visited Peru with my aunt and a friend. First we visited Lima, the capital and largest city of Peru. It’s a beautiful city. The driving is crazy. They drive dangerously close to each other; the tour guy said it almost resembled a sexual dance. We stayed in the Miraflores district and visited the Larcomar Mall. The mall is built along a cliff next to the Pacific Ocean. It’s a beautiful structure. The nights were chilly and misty and you could hear the ocean roaring loudly. A fun fact about Lima is that it never rains there and the sky is always grey and misty. 

Then we traveled to Cusco. Contrary to Lima, which is very modern and urban, Cusco is an old city elevated 3,400 miles high. You could see the mountaintops from the plane ride peaking through the clouds. Some people get altitude sickness because the air is so thin. I couldn’t even jog to catch up with the group without feeling short on air quickly. Cusco is amazing. The culture and history is so rich and marked. It’s visible through the people, with the clothes they wore, and the old traditions. Cusco used to be the site of the capital of the Inca Empire; it’s extremely rich in archeological sites. After Cusco, we visited Machu Picchu. If I could describe the site of it in one word it would be overwhelming. First of all the ride up the mountain is beautiful, and once you get there and go in you are left in shock by it’s magnificence. It’s so impressive, you have to take a moment to take it all in. Also there are llamas walking freely around the area and they are not afraid to get up close and personal. Cusco and Machu Picchu were definitely my favorite sites from the trip. I recommend anybody to visit because you won’t see anything like it anywhere else.  

HCUPR:  Since you probably have seen lovely places around the globe, what would you bring back to Puerto Rico?

Christian: I wish Puerto Rico would have better maintained parks and hiking areas. Also, maybe better infrastructure and architecture. Nothing defines a city’s beauty more than its architecture. 

HCUPR:  Truth time: what is your guilty pleasure?

Christian:  Recently? Probably binge watching Once Upon A Time even though I am full aware it is a crappy show. For some reason I’m hooked. [laughs]. Pun intended.

HCUPR:  What do you look for when talking about a significant other?

Christian:  Conversation, intelligence, and humor are very important to me. I get bored of dull and shallow conversations. Physical attraction is important, of course, but after that what ends up selling it is your personality and the connection we share. 

HCUPR:  Within the vast experiences one has, describe to us the most memorable moment you have had.

Christian:  It’s hard to pick just one. Many moments in my life have been memorable for many different reasons. That’s like picking a favorite movie or a favorite song. I could say the times I’ve had the opportunity to travel. My trip around Europe, Peru, the few times I’ve been to New York, the British Virgin Islands. Those are moments I’m extremely appreciative for.  

HCUPR:  We have come to a close, Christian.  Tell us one last thing, is there anything that you have done that you’ve regretted or do you believe things happen for a reason?

Christian:  I mean I don’t think you can separate the feeling of regret from those negative experiences where you do something that also ends up hurting other people. I definitely have some of those memories in which I look back at them and go “Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have done that”. But I also believe things happen for a reason, and those negative emotions that come out of bad experiences are just something we learn to live with. We are composed of many experiences that form our history, and while some of them maybe we wish we could take back, we can’t. So things do happen for a reason and you just have to deal with them and learn where to go from there.

Francheska Natalia is a minimalistic loving, Audrey Hepburn worshiping and Rocky Balboa enthusiast. Living between the midst of dreams and reality, she often finds joy in spending various hours pinning soft hued pictures on Pinterest. Cars, motorcycles (especially Triumph), action heroes (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, you know the originals) make her heart skip a beat. Her love for Michael Bublé, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bobby Darin, Elvis and Ella Fitzgerald makes her want to live in another era where midi skirts and and kitten heels are considered for casual outings. She believes elegance shall never be out of fashion and neither will sass, it’s her charm.