Are you more The Grinch or Buddy the Elf?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

December! Better known as the “Give me my presents!” and “I want more food!” month. It’s a happy month overall. We share stories with our families, celebrate Christmas and New Years, and dress for numerous occasions. Though, there are some people during this time that either wants to unwrap every present possible (even if it’s not theirs). Then there are the ones that take other peoples’ presents and happiness and throw it in the garbage and actually enjoy it. Here’s how to know if you’re The Grinch or Buddy…

Your Christmas Spirit Animal is Buddy if…

You’re the  typical ‘cheery’ person that gets excited over everything that has to do with Christmas. They wear their grandma’s “Ugly Christmas Sweaters,” still believe in Santa and put the entirety of their hearts into making other people feel good about themselves.

1. As I said before, you wear Ugly Christmas Sweaters. The itchiness though…

2. You live for the Christmas Spirit

3. You’ve become a BOSS over the years in decorating. It’s in the genes.

4. You exclusively eat Christmas themed foods.

5. You’re constantly talking about the joy of Christmas to everyone. Your Christmas spirit alone would be enough for a whole room of people.

6. But it becomes annoying… over time. Still, people love you just the way you are

Your Christmas spirit is The Grinch if…

Now for the ‘Dark Side’ of Christmas. This type of person we all know very well, the one who stumps all over people’s happiness and throws away our presents just because they want us to feel sad just like them…… Woah, that was deep. If you’re one of these “sad” human beings, then these are some of your possible characteristics:

1. You get “Ideas” to ruin Christmas

2. Obviously, you need an outfit for the “occasion” But you HATE the Ugly Christmas Sweaters

3. But if you’re gonna do something “Christmassy,” you go hardcore

4. You don’t like the family gatherings

5. You ignore everyone’s Merry Christmases or Happy Holidays on the day of

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6wrBjp82rlWsLlRe/giphy.gif

6. The decorations EVERYWHERE make you roll your eyes

Either way, good or bad, people love you all the same. Just know how to pick your friends, bad as the Grinch or jolly as Buddy. Which one are you?

Link to GIF’s: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

People call me Kat, I'm not sure why. I'm currently a freshman potato that loves Netflix series, rock music etcetera. My hair is basically a tamed Chewbacca on my head. I love reading books, making memes, just messing around with photoshop, and welp... life.