All I Want for Christmas is You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

It’s Christmas time. And soon after it, we will get the start of a new year. For most people I know this year has been quite the turning point in their lives. Some of them have a midlife crisis, they lost someone special in their lives, or even just not felt like this was their year. And I know that feeling, because to me this year couldn’t have been any worse. But let’s not get too sad on it so quickly. Let’s think about those little memories that helped you throughout this year.

Think about the amazing people that you met, the people that stood there by your side when you were almost falling down… just anyone there in your life that was there for you. It could be your pet, your mom, your best friend, your partner… anyone. And I know that whilst you’re reading this you’re thinking about that moment. Sometimes in this season we go to material things… like for example when I was 8 I always wanted a scooter, and video games… I don’t know you name it.

But this year, this very insane year I want to ask for something different. I want to meet people as great as those that were there in our lives and put up with us when we were horrible human beings. I want to thank those people that don’t leave our lives, even when they know who we really are. I think that all of us have that special living thing around. And it’s nice to have someone like that every single day.

So think about it, why be greedy with gifts, if we can all have the Christmas cheer around us with wonderful people? All I want for Christmas is wonderful people, beautiful souls. All I want is for all of us to have someone around and be grateful for it.

Because I know that some of you most likely lost someone this year (could be someone you used to hangout with, and don’t talk anymore; your partner left…you name it), you feel like you lost it all, you feel like you’re never meeting someone like that in your life. And you’re absolutely right. No one will ever replace that person, but you still got people that will always watch your back. And maybe now, no one who is going through a rough time is seeing this, but it actually gets better.

And to those who are going through a crisis. You may feel like you lost yourself, but in reality is just a phase. Just like when you were younger. We all go through phases. And I don’t know when or how, but I know you’ll overcome it. You just need to have a little faith.

Cherish your life, cherish the moments, and cherish the people. All I want for Christmas is as someone as great as you in my life. Never forget to tell them that.

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!