5 Romance Books to Set the Mood for Valentine’s Day  

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

The best way to set the mood for special occasions or holidays is a good book. If you’re wondering why that’s the case, it’s because books transport you to a certain place and transfer a specific feeling. So, hopefully, you’ll prepare for the upcoming lovebird days with one, or all, of these romance books options. 

Bridgerton: The Duke and I

72lqXAGsNBiCALEqJw6BsJgD s6UjZRNLb3wB YxphbnznVZsB ugkQExcIcxFlboaMQ4cSOZHoOXMcSFiI4ihcWsQ7ifsO2wpES4XleyOKcvlb6n WPEkvT2W4yx3foKsVMoSNYA glXa0orvkeq6c

Book cover for The Duke and I retrieved from GoodReads

We’re starting strong with this historical romance novel from the Bridgerton series: The Duke and I. It’s one of those stories that starts with them making a deal of pretending to be courting or dating each other so they can both achieve their goals, and ends with them falling in love.  It’s dramatic, sexy, and romantic. There’s nothing too complicated about it, and it will keep you wanting more out of this series.

FanGirl

05EfyBxc4O qMzNJMbvouj1uEAtXrcI2xYIscOHwMsQyV5UXbNF6UoTj4p0PM90ylq As0U2N8i

Book cover for Fangirl retrieved from GoodReads

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell leads the readers through a famous BL fanfiction writer’s experience as a Freshman in college and the exploration of her likes and dislikes. It’s a story of self-discovery that includes romantic elements with the male lead, and how his appearance impacts her new lifestyle. Also, it’s just a really fun and easy read.

Beach Read

dc kQsQHcL4NGDvmUqKRF1XNkJjdweyn KJ0Ut0adGpPNnBGA3GziJ5ZjeGjSaDfICA3ZO1YY

Book Cover for Beach Read retrieved from GoodReads

Beach Read by Emily Henry is another entertaining romance. The story revolves around two rival writers who are going through writer’s block and to overcome this, they must write a book in each other’s writing style. For them to achieve this, they’ll have to spend a lot of time together and share different experiences that will bring them closer than ever. If you’re into the enemies to lovers trope, then this is the perfect rollercoaster of emotions for you.

From Me to You (Kimi Ni Todoke)

Jf0HQ7GLvoov86766wgWS5Y CYT3O9 57wKp8YOV0 6dOo68Y8p2ADzJsr5cEHt0it1hzcIFX8jDie BqiiWKMqEO3IfhmGYHlS2DWyS8F8mc3WOrIhLt9m2SWjXI7GH9XBb7CL57unrqdnyDlHktb0

Manga Cover for Vol. 1 of Kimi Ni Todoke retrieved from Goodreads

From Me to You is a manga created by Karuho Shiina. This story revolves around a shy girl who was an outcast in her school because her physical appearance resembles that of a ghost. Because of this, many people mispronounce her name (Sawako) so it sounds like the name of the ghost girl from The Ring (Sadako). She eventually meets two girls and an energetic bright boy who turn her world upside down. This manga series is especially defined by its cuteness.

My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)

Crt2kfrfgJ5Vijex5uAyoGtudy40nfQ6vQSTxtwS6DichP6DTgNlhsToFTfla4diwNcO4smIczTlX5mtt21XZdaXzVAuGLHKAkQ

Manga cover for Vol.1 of My Love Story retrieved from Goodreads.

My Love Story is a manga written by Kazune Kawahara and it’s illustrated by Aruko. It’s a cute read that will make you envy a fictional character’s relationship because it’s just a tale about the protagonist, Takeo Goda’s, dynamic with his girlfriend, Rinko Yamato; and it really is the ideal lovey-dovey relationship. It’s a little goofy, but overall it’s supposed to be a feel-good romantic read.

Roxy Maldonado is a HerCampus writer at the University of Puerto Rico’s Chapter and is majoring in Journalism. She’s interested in covering current events, trending topics, and cool spots around the island or on campus. Overall, she enjoys writing and pursuits a future that permits her to delve deeper in this field along with the possibility of publishing her own stories. She has participated in the English Department’s literary magazine, Tonguas, in which she learned all about the editing process, managing social media accounts, and content creation. Additionally, she works part-time and has contributed to the media content for her job’s social media page. And she’s taken classes on communicating with people through media, which has enhanced her knowledge within the field. She’s passionate about the things she works on and insists on bettering herself each day. Usually, her days are mainly job based since she enjoys working, but when she has a break, you’ll find her reading a book or going out with friends. Sharing new moments with loved ones is vital to Roxy because she believes that life passes by very quickly, and there’s some type of beauty in those shared moments that will eventually become everlasting memories.