The Lalalaptop Phone Coffee
The Lalalaptop Phone Coffee
Her Campus Media

5 Apps to Help You Study

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

With midterms approaching, and the seemingly endless cycle that are online classes, technology has been our key to survive the semester. Unfortunately, trying to study within the comfort of our homes hasn’t been as easy as we pictured. That’s why we should take advantage of all the tools at our disposal to make every second count! 

That being said, here are 5 great apps that will help boost your study routine:

Photomath

Don’t you just wish that you could just take a picture of an equation and the answer would just appear— oh wait, that’s exactly what Photomath does! Instead of staring at your notebook or praying to Athena, you could just download the app and get the answer!  The app can even break down the steps of how to solve the equation as well.

Focus Keeper

Focus Keeper is an app for those who can’t study for 2 hours straight without breaks. Based on the Pomodoro Technique, this app sets a timer for 25 minutes; during that time, work on your assignments, and when the timer is done, take a 5 minute break. Once you repeat that 4 times, you take a long 45 minute break. It’s as simple as that!

Speechify

Speechify is for those long readings that seem to have no end. The app allows you to import texts and convert them into audio. Just like an audiobook, you can listen to the text instead of reading it!

Quizlet

If you have an upcoming test full of vocabulary, Quizlet will definitely help. You can make sets of flashcards divided by subjects and even download terms made by other users. If you think you’re ready, the app has an amazing function to test you!

Grammarly

Grammarly is the ideal tool for proofreading every writer’s grammar. It edits your mistakes, corrects your punctuation, and even identifies the clarity of what you’ve written. The next time you doubt the clarity of that last-minute essay you’re about to send in, check it out with Grammarly first.

Hopefully, these apps will help everything go smoother for what’s left of this semester. You can find them on the App Store or the Google Play store. Best of luck!

A sour patch kid raised in the small town of Villalba, Puerto Rico (she'll argue that she's from Ponce though). She's a total geek who takes everything one fandom at a time. Her major is Creative Writing.