This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Spooky season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than by dressing up? Halloween has plenty of wonderful activities to partake in. You can eat loads of candy, watch scary movies, and carve pumpkins. However, once we grow up, dressing up on the 31st may not appeal to some. Work and school might take over all of your time, but it doesn’t have to be this way! On this night, you can become whatever or whomever you want. There’s no such thing as a weird costume, anything goes. 

No matter how old you are, it’s always fun getting into costume for Halloween. Embrace your inner child and don’t take things too seriously! If you’re unsure about how to dress up because you’re of a certain age, try dressing up silly. The whole purpose is to make it comedic, so people will laugh, but it’ll be on your terms. So, text your bestie and put on some silly costumes this October 31st; here are some ideas for you. 

1. Barbenhiemer 

The Barbie and Oppenheimer movies took cinemas by storm, many people even went to watch it on the same day while wearing either suits or inspired Barbie-core outfits. Barbenhiemer is the perfect time-sensitive costume if you and your bestie have different aesthetics; e.i.: dark and barbie pink. 

1. Pitbull, Mr. Worldwide, Mr. 305

There’s no such thing as too many Pitbulls. Dale. 

1. Inflatable dinosaurs
@aldensterka

Inflatable dinosaurs on the loose 🦖😂😂 #normalpeople #funnny #dinosaur #running #likе

♬ Jaws Theme – Jaws

You’ve probably seen this costume at some point, and it’s no brainer why it’s become a classic. It exceeds all silly costumes and you will leave your Halloween party guests amazed. 

1. Shrek and Donkey

Shrek is a cult classic and it’s always a good option for dressing up. If you don’t particularly want to pick these characters, there’s many more you can choose from. The Shrek movies have countless iconic characters you can dress up as; Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother, Puss in Boots and Humpty Dumpty, human Fiona and ogre Fiona, etc. 

1. The Lorax and Once-ler

Where my Dr. Suess fans at? This is your time to shine if you and your bestie are all about the whimsical world of Dr. Suess by dressing in pair with quite literally any of his iconic characters, but Lorax and Once-ler are a banger. 

1. Yzma and Kronk

One of the most iconic TV duo is Yzma and Kronk from the Disney movie The Emperor’s New Groove. Text your loyal assistant (or best friend) and don’t forget “the poison. The poison for Kuzco, the poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco’s poison.” (Kronk)

Now here are some meme worthy costumes that never get old:

1. Spongebob and Patrick

Spongebob and Patrick are always a safe bet. Chanel your inner goofy goober with these silly besties. 

@raineemery

Replying to @ginnyfromtheblock96 Yes, we did the thing! (It’s a rope climbing harness btw) #spongebob #patrick #spongebobcosplay #goofygoober

♬ original sound – Raine Emery
  1. D.W. and Arthur

What a wonderful kind of day to spend it with good company this Halloween. Throw in a meme inspired costume for a fun twist.

1. Kermit and Evil Kermit

For those with a friend that gives you crazy ideas. If you can’t tell who it is… maybe it’s you. 

Work and school can be put on standby during this awaited spooky night. For this Halloween, appreciate the night, eat delicious candy, throw a party, and dress up. Be silly, be wicked (within reason), but most importantly have fun.

Alejandra Negrón Rodríguez is a writer and Events Director at Her Campus at UPR. She manages all chapter events, prioritizing in coordinating and organizing for a range of successful and fun activities. She mostly writes culture and entertainment articles, but as an avid reader, her favorite one’s are book reviews. She is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico, majoring in Political Science with a minor in French. At Her Campus, writing became a muse for her, because she can transform her interests into works for others to enjoy. When she’s not writing, Alejandra reads books or buys them (ask her overwhelming mountain of unread books). Alejandra also loves learning new languages, crocheting, and spending time with her friends.