Wellness > Sex + Relationships

1+2 = 3: Threesomes, Experience, Tips and Everything That Goes On Between the Sheets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

I’ve heard people say a little phrase that goes this way: “The bigger the better.” While for some, that might mean ordering a bigger Whopper meal over at Burger King, what could this possibly mean between the sheets? And I’m not just talking about the vertical disco stick, I mean a bigger party. Sex between two people always seems like a fair deal. Why dance a tango with only two people when it can be interesting with three? Is there such a thing in which adding another person could be a bad thing? 

I won’t say I never opposed myself to the idea of a threesome, but you’ll never hear me confess that I wanted it. I grew up thinking that you must try something first before you say you don’t like it (hence, why I’m bisexual). There are so many stigmas around the idea of a trilogy performance that even thinking about having one was terrifying. The experience at first was very, very, very intimidating. This moment was clearly fueled by alcohol and the spirit of a new year beginning…talk about starting the year on the right foot… right? However, when I realized all three of us were kissing and getting naked…it was clear that as the mood settled in, the common thought shared between the three of us was to do each other. Needless to say, a lot of things went through my head.

Threesome GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
GIPHY

My first thought  was that one of us was going to feel left out…and I thought it was going to be me. This is actually a very common thought I shared with a few close friends after talking about my experience. However, it did not happen to me (which I was very shocked about). The other two members involved in my ménage á trois were single. I feel that if I were stepping into a relationship, I would’ve felt out of place or one of the people in said relationship would’ve felt left out with my presence. However, that was clearly not the case and I must say that everyone got their place in the spotlight…multiple times. 

My second curiosity was, who is going to be doing who and how we will communicate it. I think I’m an advocate for open communication. I always find myself talking about communication because it is truly the basis of everything I do professionally, and of course, sexually. However, in this scenario non-verbal communication was KEY. Body language is very important in any sexual encounter. I must confess that I never realized its value until I found myself tangled up between two bodies. There were moments in which  going along with what was happening worked in my favor. Eye contact, touch, and definitely sounds played a huge role in this performance. We were so in-sync with each other that I felt comfortable enough to say what I wanted or not without killing the vibe. Even more so, the chemistry we had was so good, that I never felt the need to verbally address something was good or that it wasn’t. 

And last but not least, what happens after we’re done? As an overthinker, I was already thinking about what was going to happen after instead of just enjoying two people making out infront of me. That question was a problem to resolve the morning after. In my case, a threesome between three single characters meant everyone went their own ways after the morning encore. The other characters wanted to exchange phone numbers, both of them did, but I decided to not give my phone number. 

- Find & Share on GIPHY
GIPHY

Why? The experience was great, mind blowing even, but some shows eventually must say farewell. In my case, my debut performance needed to not think of having another triple act anytime soon. But, I’ll never say never to having one again. I don’t think I’ll do it being in a relationship or with me being the add-on into the relationship. However, while single and enjoying casual sex and dating, three could possibly be my new favorite number. 

José is majoring in Public Relations and Advertising. This communication undergraduate student from the UPR Río Piedras campus is an energetic Pisces with a passion for fashion, coming of age films, books, crossfit, and dance. Currently, José is a writer for HerCampus and the editorial executive and digital content creator for fashion magazine Imagen and lifestyle magazine BuenaVida.