Jordan Michelson ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s HC UPenn Campus Cutie is an accomplished wrestler with a taste for 19th century poetry. When he’s not busy preparing for tournaments, Jordan Michelson is putting his wit to good use as a writer for Classless, Penn’s student-produced sitcom. Keep reading to find out more about this frat boy who doubles as a true Renaissance man.

Age: 20
Birthday: September 15, 1991
Year: 2014
Speaks: English, Latin, and Italian (going to Venice this summer)
Major: PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
Relationship status: Single
Hometown: Needham, Massachusetts
Extracurriculars: Wrestling, Writing for Classless, Tutoring athletes in Econ 001

Most time-consuming aspect of your life at Penn: Definitely wrestling, probably more than sleeping.

Weekend plans: This week and the next I’ll be preparing for wrestling tournaments, but if not then I’m hanging out with my friends or heckling people from the steps of my house (the ATO fraternity house).

Perfect Spring Break: Somewhere very remote in the Bahamas.

Favorite sport: Wrestling, along with snowboarding and football.

Favorite music: I listen to a lot of Metric, Citizen Cope, Matisyahu, and MGMT.

Favorite TV shows: PsychCommunity, and 30 Rock.

Dog person or cat person: Dog person/

Favorite food: A chocolate chip Insomnia cookie, followed by fudge brownies.

Favorite restaurant on campus: Hummus or Greek Lady.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl? How she walks—her posture if you will. I’ll notice if she walks confidently.

What do you find most appealing about girls at Penn? You can have a conversation with them.

Perfect first date: Light food, and doing something outside on a warm afternoon.

What do you look for in a girl? Someone who’s outgoing, pretty, and assertive, in no particular order.

Do you believe in soul mates? No, I think you can connect with a number of people.

Does true love last forever? I don’t know, I’m only 20 years old.

Do you believe in love at first sight? I have no idea.

Favorite pick-up line: I actually have many good pickup lines. Classless has a bunch, actually. “Do you have any Jew in you? Do you want some?” —“Nice shoes.” —“Does anybody know you’re here?”

Celebrity Crush: Jessica Alba.

Valentine’s Day plans: I will be at the premier screening of the third episode of Classless.

Favorite quote: It’s from a favorite 18th century poem, Thomas Gray’s “Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat Drowned in a Tub Of Goldfishes: “What female heart can gold despise?/What cat’s averse to fish?”

Penn bucket list: Writing a book,making it to wrestling nationals, and streaking down Locust Walk (preferably at night, of course).

Grace Ortelere is a senior at the University of Pennsylvania, pursuing a psychology major. She writes about crime and is an assistant news editor for her school's student newspaper, the Daily Pennsylvanian. Grace went abroad to Paris for a semester, where she babysat for a French family and traveled to many other cities--her favorite was Barcelona! She's social chair of her sorority, Sigma Kappa, and likes to ski, hike and paraglide.