Style

Warm Up Your Wardrobe with Trendy Coats for The Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Autumn is alive and well, and winter is right around the corner. It’s that time of year to pull out jackets we haven’t worn in months and those favorite pair of Ugg boots. As we kiss summer goodbye and transition into the colder months, it may be time to update your closet. For any season statement pieces help bring a look to life. Winter is all about layers and staying warm, but don’t forget to showcase your personal style. Coats are functional for the season and are a great staple piece to elevate any look. Check out these coats that will dominate the season.

The Teddy Coat

As the name suggests, this coat is as comforting and cozy as your favorite teddy bear. Originally produced by MaxMara, an Italian luxury ready-to-wear brand. The coat features dropped shoulders, appearing almost off the shoulder, and deep pockets. This design has been replicated as its popularity grew due to celebrities sporting the jacket. You’re sure to find one at your favorite department store or fast fashion retailer. The Teddy Coat is chic yet comfy, and is appropriate for day or night.The Cropped Puffer Jacket

This cute style is a major staple piece for streetwear. The jacket pays homage to the Bubble Coat of the 2000s, while the cropped element makes it fresh and current for Winter 2019. The jacket has been trending heavily on social media thanks to influencers and fast fashion brands. It has been trending with two finishes; a matte finish, which plays more into the current styles, and a vinyl finish that reiterates a retro flare.Double Breasted Trench Coat

This coat is a classic piece for cold weather. There are so many variations of this timeless garment. The trench coat was originally produced to provide coverage in rainy conditions for Military officers. Today it is a classic piece for men’s and women’s fashion. A trench coat symbolizes power, authority, and strength. A colorful Trench Coat is a great way to update the classic trend. Add a Trench Coat to your shopping bag and ignite the girl boss that lives inside!

I am currently a Junior at North Texas studying Fashion Merchandising and Journalism. I love keeping up with the latest fashion and beauty trends.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.