This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

As students, we all look forward to spring break (whether or not you have plans). It’s a time to relax and distress – as well as prepare yourself for the rest of the semester. For this upcoming spring break, I don’t have anything extravagant planned, but I want to make a suggestion for those of you who are undecided, or just have no idea. 

I know Spring Break is just around the corner, so last minute planning may not work out in your favor financially – in that case, save these plans for next year or even summer. 

MIAMI, FL

This is an ultimate spring break location. South Beach is full of fun parties and the city has an amazing night life (Club Liv, for example). The weather is perfect and the scenery is exactly what you need to get your mind off things. The beach is a great place to unwind and relax – in which case I recommend going north of the beach to get away from the South Beach parties. One of the things I like about Miami is that there is two sides of the Beach; the South (where all the parties are), and anywhere north of that, which is calm and relaxing, so there’s an option for both scenarios.

If you’re like me, and you need to site see to balance out the trip, I definitely recommend Wynwood Walls. This was not a place on the list of things to do in Miami, but our Uber driver from the airport insisted we stop by. It’s a bit of a drive if you’re staying on South Beach, but well worth the trip. A few blocks of creative street art – on the outside walls, sidewalk and inside. These walls feature over 50 artists representing 16 countries. If you like taking pictures, this is a great place to do it. I went in the morning – so still plenty of time to head to the beach after. About 2 hours and 200 pictures later I have a memory I’ll never forget.  I recommend bringing a lock for the picture below:

Below are a few other pictures I got: 

For coffee lovers: Black Panther Coffee is AMAZING. Take a stop there in the morning.

The food in Miami is also worth the trip. I could go into detail with this, but I’ll let you find out for yourself. (Below is only a few examples, I usually start eating before I can take a picture)Even if you aren’t going on a trip or have anything planned, use this Spring Break to set goals and shift your year if it’s not going as planned. Relax and Breathe. I’ll be doing some spring cleaning this year and getting rid of unnecessary things to declutter my life. I feel more relaxed when there is less clutter around me (especially at home). With my new goals set and decluttered life, I’ll be ready to take on the rest of this semester and finish strong, and I know you will too. 

You’d be surprised what you can accomplish with a little bit of effort.