Scotlyn Ogle: Your Next Her Campus UNT Co-President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

As the semester winds down and my co-president Kayla and I get closer to graduation, we couldn’t be more honored and excited to announce the two beautiful women who will be taking our place next semester as the leaders of Her Campus at UNT. 

First up, here’s Scotlyn!

What do you envision for HerCampus for next year? I really hope that we are able to grow on campus so that everyone knows who we are and what we stand for. I also hope that we as an organization will be able to bond more and grow even closer to one another.

What’s your major and what do you plan on doing in the future? I am majoring in Digital and Print Journalism and minoring in English. My goals for the future currently revolve around working for a major newspaper/magazine and writing novels.

What’s your favorite part about being in HerCampus? Besides the writing aspect, I love that we are constantly doing events that empower women. That isn’t something that I saw a lot where I come from, so seeing events like “Beauty In Me” and participating in our fundraisers has truly been an amazing experience so far.

If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be? I’d probably be a cat. I love dogs too, but cats have always held a special place in my heart. They are independent and curious creatures, just like me.

What would you tell our 16-year-old self? How I envisioned my life then versus how it is going now is so incredibly different, and I would want my younger self to know that everything happens for a reason, and that I would end up becoming stronger and more determined because of it. I would also tell myself to spend less time worrying about everything, because life is too short.

Why should incoming freshmen join HerCampus? I was scared to join any organizations coming into college because I’m a pretty shy person. My friend pushed me to join because she thought it would be a good fit, and it was honestly one of the best decisions I’ve made since coming to college. It provides you with a community of like-minded individuals who push you to strive not only in our org, but also in all aspects of your life. HerCampus also provides you with opportunities and gives you positive female role models to guide you throughout your college career. 

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.