Style > Beauty

Meet Daniela, a TWU Student Who is Making Her Microblading Dreams a Reality.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Daniela was born in Veracruz, Mexico and moved to the United States when she was ten years old. Now nineteen, she is a student at Texas Women’s University majoring in Special Needs, ESL and EC-6. 

She has had a passion for makeup since she was a little girl, and turned that passion into her job after becoming a certified microblading artist. 

“I got into microblading because of the love I have for makeup, specially eyebrows.,” says Daniela. “I love not only making people feel good about their appearance, but also look good.” 

Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo that makes hairlike strokes, shaping your eyebrows. Artists use micro-pigments, which are a lot let harsh that regular tattoos; they also don’t go as deep into your skin, or use the traditional tattoo gun. She instead maps and shapes your brows using a pre-inked string. 

Appointments last between an hour and an hour and a half, which includes paperwork, a consultation with the artist, mapping your face and the actual procedure. Pain varies from person to person, but numbing cream is used throughout the process to help ease it. 

Healing can take up to two weeks, in which the client must stay out of direct sunlight and refrain from activities that makes you sweat, as well as steer clear of pools, lakes and oceans because the skin can reject the ink in these settings. 

After your first session, you come back for a second session four to six weeks later, and then your brows could last up to three years.

Daniela offers multiple student discounts/deals monthly. To contact her, you can reach her on any of her social media platforms under @daniesbrows, or contact her salon (BrowBar) which is located in Frisco. 

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.