How to Mentally Prepare for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Here are three easy ways to prepare for finals before the long haul arrives!

Stop procrastinating. Finish your assignments and projects ASAP so you can focus on the final exam and only the final exam of your classes when finals week arrives. Keep yourself to a strict schedule and remember, completing your tasks now rather than later will only be more beneficial to you in the long run. 

Study in groups. It’s statistically proven that studying in groups is more effective and introduces you to new study habits and ways of thinking. Mind you, actually study and don’t goof off. I know it’s distracting but if you and your classmates actually work together, you can be productive and efficient and learn a few things along the way.

Meet with your professor. The semester is ending, and that means your time to get to know your professors is slowly diminishing as well. Talk to your professor now to get an idea about the final and grading of the class, if there’s a curve, if you can get a rec letter, and more. Allowing your professor to see your face and identify who you are before the class is over only increases your chances of them evaluating your final grade and being fair in assigning it. If they don’t know you or your efforts, you’re just another random name attached to a grade. 

What are your tips to prepare for finals?

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.