Wellness > Health

How I Have Lost 10 Pounds in a Week with Meal Prepping!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

My entire life I have always been overweight, and I didn’t see it as a problem until college when I started to feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I want to lose thirty pounds so I am committed to this journey. I recently started devoting my life to eating healthy, eating smaller portions, and living a healthy lifestyle. I am going to share with you what a typical breakfast and dinner would look like for me. Although meal prepping takes patience, energy, and time, it the worth it and it makes you feel accomplished! MEAL PREPPING IS THE BEST!

For breakfast I eat overnight oats with the fruit of the day. So the night before, I prepare my overnight oats by adding a cup of oats, 1/2 a cup of almond milk, a little bit of honey, cinnamon, chia seeds and whatever fruit I decided to put in. Fruit can be anything from bananas, apples, strawberries, blueberries, ect. For dinner, I eat a meal that I prepped the night before which consists of chicken, asparagus, red potatoes, and brown rice. Using avocado oil is the BEST!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

When I feel like the muchies are approaching I prepare myself a bowl of a variety of fruits with pecans and almonds. I also eat unsalted pretzels and mixed nuts. Also, in this diet I only drink water. I cut off all sodas, teas, and any drink that has high calories. Water has become my new best friend, especially when I am working out in the gym!

A real professional nutritionist would probably say my meal plan is not perfect, but it is a start. Transitioning from an unhealthy lifestyle to a somehwat clean one is rough, but I am determined to start living a healthy life for my future. I cannot wait till I start to see a huge change in my body! I am so excited!!!

I love meeting new people, sharing my personal stories, and always staying true to myself.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.