bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How Do You Start Your Day?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Walking around campus without headphones definitely is a unique experience. You can hear the wind blowing the leaves off the trees, the sounds of distant chatters as people walk by and the bike gears zooming bye.

Most people walk around campus listening to podcasts, shows, and music playlist. The genres range from many different things that can match your current mood in the morning. Currently, I have been listening to Drake to start my morning every day, listening to his latest album Scorpion. I listen to this album on shuffle to start my morning because all Drake songs overall give me the energy I need to begin my morning.

I asked a couple of UNT students about what they listen to on there way to their first class. “I listen to Key Glock and Young Nudy when I need to T-up,” said Tori Brackens. “Travis Scott when I need a chill T-up or Erykah Badu and Summer Walker if I need some chill starting the day vibe.”

“On the way to school, I listen to “Getting Curious,” a podcast that is all about asking questions and getting involved,” said Alyssa Wellish. “This helps me remember why I am in school, and that every day is a day to learn something new. Never stop asking why.”

“I listen to Ariana Grande cuz she puts me in a good mood,” said Nick Kann. “Especially 7 rings because it makes me feel like a bad b***h.”

“I like to listen to the office (like Netflix in my pocket) because it’s like listening to a podcast,” said Shayna Russo. “Or I shuffle play Spotify because I like surprises, and I like how excited I get when a song I haven’t listened to in a while comes on the shuffle.”

Megan Thee Stallion’s Cocky AF and Hot Girl are what Tyneara Taylor listens to on the way to her classes. “I listen because she makes me feel like a baddie,” said Taylor. “She gives me self-empowerment to start my day, and to continue to be a positive ray of energy for those around me.”

“I mean, it’s whatever my mood is on my way to class. But lately, it’s been “Good as Hell” by Lizzo because I enjoy that song and it makes me feel good,” said Dasia Smith. “But if I’m in a bad mood, I have to listen to some trap music to pump me up or else I’m gonna be in a slump all day.”

Listening to music or podcasts can help many people relieve some stress or give them the energy to begin their day with the correct energy to keep them motivated.

Hi, I am currently a Sophomore at the University of North Texas. My major is Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations with a double minor in Spanish and Communication Studies. Follow my journey here: Twitter: @thankmelaterr_ Instagram: @thankmelaterr