photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

How to be Successful in Your Everyday Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

There are many ways that you can set yourself up for success. Some of the things I have learned over the years have honestly made me do well in college and achieve my life goals. Here are some of my personal tips that may help you succeed also, 

Make a solid plan: At the beginning of every month, I make goals for myself and plan out my whole month whether that be writing all the events I have that month, or just writing list of what needs to get done this month. 

Stay Connected: I think this one is important because having connections, either business related or just personal connections, plays a huge role in your success. 

Eliminate Distractions: This is particularly for those students that tend to procrastinate. I struggled for a long time with procrastination, but I found that when I take away the distractions that were once making me not want to do my homework, I tend to get my assignments done on time and even early sometimes. 

Time Management: This is key if you want to succeed in college, and for work as well. Having reminders and set schedule will allow you to prepare for the future. I know when I plan out my day in the morning it gives me a sense of relief so that I do not feel rushed all the time. 

Stay Positive!: When I radiate positivity and give myself daily reminders that I can do anything I set my mind to, I feel as if I am setting myself up for success that day. Doing this every day is a great way to stay on the right track so that you can succeed. This could also mean taking time for yourself to do a self-care activity. Some of my favorite including bubble baths, walks with my dog, and listening to music that inspires me.

Hey everyone! My name is Allexis Stirman I am a current junior at UNT majoring in Special Education. After my undergrad I plan to stay at UNT for my masters program. After I have received both of those I want to teach abroad for a couple years in a third world country right now I have been set on Kenya. When I return to America my boyfriend and I plan to settle down in the pacific northwest were I will continue to teacher and be active in a community. I look forward to a great year writing articles for Her Campus.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.