How to Be a Goal Digger this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

My fellow collegiettes, now is the time to slay your semester. I know that time seems to quickly pass us and we sometimes forget about priorities in life (Trust me, we’ve all been there). With there being so many fun things to do, how could you remember about that exam tomorrow? However, we all need a wakeup call sometimes. As a great quote once said, “The moment you take responsibility for everything, you can change anything your life”. Below I have listed some tips + tricks to help you ace this semester.  

Make a Study Buddy– Class is so much more bearable when you have a classmate to talk it out with. Another plus is that you can make studying something you actually look forward to. Grab some snacks, invite some friends, and enjoy your study-social. 

Write a To-Do list– Writing a list of things you wish to get done is so pleasing. Try to create a list and put it somewhere where you’ll see it on a daily basis.   

Go To Class– In college, attendance to class is not always required. Although temptations tell you not to, go to class anyways. Simply listening to your professor can help you create connections (HINT: Possibly for that bonus question?). 

Get Involved with People in your Major– Try to get involved with people of your major. They will most likely be taking the same curriculum as you do. This can help when it comes close to Midterms, and your friends mutually understand and can help you out if you need them. 

Talk to an Upper Classman– You are not alone on your college adventure. Talk to fellow students and teachers to find someone who can help you along the way. A successful upper classman can help you take the right classes, and be a mentor (and job reference) for years to follow. 

Find Your Study Space– Try not to study in your room alone. Nowadays there are so many temptations that can distract us from schoolwork. Try to find a unique space that forces you to be productive and put forth your full attention. Xoxo 

Marissa is an Communications Design major at University of North Texas. She aspires to positively use her artistic abilities to create Advertisements and/or Marketing materials that convey a strong message.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.