This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

It’s been two years since Harry Styles release his first solo title Sign of the Times, and he’s back with new music that I’m more than excited for. So excited in fact that I wrote this minutes after listening to his new single Lights Up. Now, I will admit I’ve never been the biggest Harry fan back in his 1D days, but I fell in love with him after I was with serenaded with Sign of the Times while lying in bed on a Saturday afternoon.

Recently, Harry has been dropping hints about something coming with ominous tweets just saying “Do”, and now the the HS2 era has begun with the brand new release of Lights Up. This song is different than I expected based off of his last folky-rock album. From what Lights Up has given us, Harry may be going in a more psychedelic new age sound that still totally captures the retro Styles element. 

The music video is my favorite part of this release because we really get to see another side to him that we haven’t seen in other videos. He’s dancing shirtless through 90% of the video, surrounded by a crown of men and women who are scantily clad, riding on the back of a motorcycle in the middle of the night, and shots of him in a drenched dress shirt. Is this video an answer to a prayer by fans who’ve been dreaming of this moment? 

I think what Stylers are going to look forward to in this new HS2 era is more vulnerability and a slightly new sound than HS1. Lights Up gives alludes us to a new dreamy Harry that might just be the cure to our musical needs. 

Watch the video here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZvM1918_E

Hi All! I'm a senior at UNT majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Peace Studies. I'm an aspiring screenwriter so movie commentaries are my weakness. I'm just here to make the world a better place by using my voice to help uplift others and sharing my stories in ways that I haven't seen them told before.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.