This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

One of the best things about living in Denton is the close proximity to the big, bustling city of Dallas. All you have to do to have a fun day is hop on the A Train. There are so many fun and exciting things to do in Dallas, but one of my favorites is visiting the many museums the city of Dallas has to offer. Here are three of my absolute favorite museums in Dallas that will provide you with a fun, and maybe even educational, day in the city.

Firstly, is the Dallas Museum of Art. This classic art museum is the perfect idea for anything from a fun date to a day out with friends. Currently, the Dior Exhibit is available, showing off historical pieces of one of the most iconic designs in fashion. Stroll through the beautiful paintings, take in the carefully crafted statues, and then go across the street to Klyde Warren Park to grab a bite to eat from one of the food trucks! 

Next, is the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum. This museum recently opened in a brand-new building. This historic museum expanded so it not only addresses the issues of World War II and the Holocaust, but modern-day issues of sexism, racism, and the justice system in America. This is the perfect place to go to gain perspective and have a memorable experience. It is full of state-of-the-art exhibits, including a three-dimension hologram of a Holocaust survivor who will answer any question you have, from his experience in the Holocaust to what his favorite color is. Be one of the first people in the world to see this incredible museum!  Lastly, we have the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. The stunning visual of the glass staircase is only the beginning of what this museum has to offer. With interactive exhibits, the Perot takes the museum experience and flips it on its head. Instead of simply observing from afar, this museum invites you to get involved and learn! This museum is especially good if you have younger siblings, babysit, or have kids.

Junior at UNT studying History and Pre-Law. When I'm not reading, I enjoy baking, yoga, and watching 2000s Rom Coms.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.