This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Denton is equivalent to a miniature version of a city. It’s not as big as Dallas, but it’s too big to be considered a small town. Although it doesn’t seem like it, there are so many coffee shops, restaurants and shops to visit. The list would go on and on, so I have narrowed it down to five places to visit while you’re in Denton!

1. LSA Burger: LSA Burger is probably on everyone’s list for places to visit in Denton. It is a burger place that is located on the square, and they have a variety of burgers. The best thing on the menu would definitely be their brisket queso!

2. Jupiter House Coffee: There is such a big variety of little coffee shops all over Denton, but this is definitely one of the best ones. Jupiter House is located on the square as well! There is cute seating outside, and they have seasonal drink specials. Try a latte if you go!

3. Denton Community Market: The Denton Community Market only happens April-November! It is located on Mulberry St. every Saturday. There is so much to offer at the community market. There have everything from jewelry to fresh produce to food trucks to live music! Visit it while you have the chance!

4. Beth Marie’s: Beth Marie’s is local ice cream shop. It has retro-soda shop vibe to it, and they have hands down some of the best ice cream that I have ever tasted. My favorite flavor is ‘Bee’s Knees’. It’s a lavender honey ice cream and is actually a lavender color!!

5. Blue Ginger: I haven’t heard many people talk about Blue Ginger, so it’s safe to say that this is a hidden gem of Denton. This Japanese restaurant has so many options to choose from. The sushi is so amazing. If you ever get a chance to go, try the Phoenix roll!

I'm a junior at the University of North Texas. My interests range from reading to astrology to bullet journaling. When I'm not at school or at work, I'm trying new foods or online shopping!
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.