This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Everyone has had those days where they are running late in the morning and forget to eat breakfast. In many cases, most of us completely skip breakfast in the morning even when we aren’t running late. As we learned when we were younger, breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Breakfast food can set the tone for how the rest of your day can go. Here are a few quick and easy breakfast items that will keep you energized and focused all day long. 

1. Smoothie Bowl 

Smoothie Bowls are both sweet and fulling. They are also versatile and can be made with any ingredients that you prefer such as different fruits or vegetables. You can also top the bowl with granola or cookie bites. Smoothie Bowls are quick and easy to make in the morning when you are running late or you can easily make it the night before which will make it easier to grab in the morning. 

1.  Breakfast Quesadilla 

This is one of the easiest to make of the three options. Breakfast quesadillas are yum and can be switched up every morning. The ingredients that can be stuffed in a quesadilla are endless. My favorite things to put in mine are eggs, potatoes, and chives with a side of Verde salsa. 

1. Avocado Toast 

Avocado Toast is a go-to when you have a few extra minutes in the morning. It’s quick and all the ingredients are likely already in your pantry. Ripe avocado and bread of your choosing topped with some seasoning and a light spread are just enough to keep your stomach happy until lunchtime.  

These are a couple of my go-to options when I really want to eat something but I’m limited on time. Another great resource is yummly.com. You simply type in the ingredients that you have and they’ll provide different recipes that require those ingredients.

Hi, I am currently a Sophomore at the University of North Texas. My major is Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations with a double minor in Spanish and Communication Studies. Follow my journey here: Twitter: @thankmelaterr_ Instagram: @thankmelaterr