Dove’s Dry Spray Deodorant: a Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

The best part about Spring Break is having lots of fun in the sun. But under the heat, you’re bound to sweat. So here’s a quick review of Dove’s Dry Spray deodorant, just in time for vacation!

At the beginning of January, I received a package completely unaware of what it was. Surprisingly, I received two cans of Dove’s Dry Spray deodorant, one for women and one for men, from the courtesy of Target and Influenster (yep, all free!).

Here is what me and my boyfriend thought about Dove’s Dry Spray deodorant: 

Ever since middle school, I’ve been a very active child- participating in sports and dance, and Colin has always been an activehuman being; however, ever since we started college, it’s been more of a forced attempt to be active and go to the gym.

We always have to carry deodorant with us whenever we go to the gym because we are not the driest of people when it comes to sweating. However, my deodorant always ends up getting messed up, all crumbled and ruined in my bag.

But, thanks to Influenster and Target, Colin and I were able to try out dry spray deodorant for the first time.

First impression: when I first used the product, it kind of left an oily residue but it does really go on dry, and it has a pleasant fragrance when I’m applying it. I did start to sweat after about five hours with three layers on. At first, I did not really like this product.

After one week, my boyfriend commented on the product as well: “I have to say that it seems to work but I feel like it’s more of an antiperspirant than a deodorant. I ended up playing basketball and my whole back was drenched in sweat, but my armpits were dry, and the smell wasn’t too bad either. I probably will buy more, once I run out.”

After using the product for a week, I came to realize that you have to take the amount you spray, and the distance which you spray from into consideration. The dry spray does hold well for workouts, and smells nice even after sweating.

Overall we both really like Dove’s Dry Spray deodorant because it works well, is convenient to apply, and doesn’t get everywhere whenever we have to pack it.

We both highly recommend this product to both boys and girls out there, especially for our more active and athletic friends. To this day, Colin wear’s his new deodorant almost every day, and I alternate between my solid deodorant.

I am a senior at the University of North Texas: majoring in biology with a double minor in chemistry and psychology. I am the current treasurer for Her Campus UNT, and I aspire to be a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Outside of my responsibilities, I like to play volleyball and engage in creative activities.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.