Coming Soon: Movies Hitting Theaters in December 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Here’s a list of movies hitting theaters December 2018!

Aquaman (Dec. 13)- For all my superhero lovers out there, Aquaman is finally getting his own movie. Jason Momoa plays the lead, and it is a must see for that reason alone. 

Bumblebee (Dec. 21)- Transformers are back and better than ever. This time, we focus on the one and only beloved Bumblebee. Set in the late 80’s, the autobot is on the run. With cast members such as Hailee Steinfeld and John Cena, it sure is going to be an interesting story.

On the Basis of Sex (Dec. 25)- This stroy follows Ruth Bader Ginsburg and how she overcame sexist discrimination within the Supreme Court Justice. It is extra special because she is coming up on the 25th anniversary of her tenure. 

Mortal Engines (Dec. 14)- If you are into action movies, or end-of-the-world movies, this ones for you. The characters fight to save London from being devoured. Fun!

Dumplin’ (Dec. 7)- This movie is having a limited release, but will also be available on Netflix the same day. It follows an overweight girl following in her beauty queen mom’s footsteps. Oh, and it has Jennifer Aniston. A win in my book. 

Mary Poppins Returns (Dec. 19)- Emily Blunt has big shoes to fill with this classic remake, but we have no doubt that she will succeed. We haven’t seen her since the 60’s, so it’ll be interesting to see how they bring her character back to life. 

Second Act (Dec. 21)- This movie will have tons of familiar faces, including Jennifer Lopez, who is the star, along with Vanessa Hudgens, Leah Remini and Milo Ventimiglia, among others. Watch J-Lo work her way to the top of a huge company… all based on a resume that may have embellished just a smidge. 

Welcome to Marwen (Dec. 21)- This movie looks to cover a bunch of major topics, but specifically mental health. Of course, I’d watch anything with Steve Carrell in it, but a movie covering PTSD after fighting the Nazi’s is so relevant and important right now. 

The Mule (Dec. 14)- Starring Clint Eastwood (who also directed and produced the film) and Bradley Cooper, we see an older man delivering drugs for the cartel. Unsurprisingly, things don’t go as planned. Intriguing, to say the least. 

Holmes and Watson (Dec. 25)- If you love the classic Sherlock Holmes story, and are in need of a laugh, this movie is for you. With Will Ferrell and John C Reilly, we are sure to get comedic gold. 

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.