This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

I’ve struggled with trying to make my hair behave my entire life. Frizz, limpness, lack of definition, you name it. Here are some products that I’ve found that make my color-treated, naturally wavy hair shine the most. The majority of these products follow CG Method. 

1. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo & Conditioner. I bleach my hair a few times a year, and this is some of the best cleansing and conditioning duos out there for protecting my hair from that kind of damage. They protect my hair without weighing it down, and keep my color from fading too quickly. 

2. Hask Chamomile & Argan Oil Blonde Care Shampoo. As I do dye my hair blonde, a purple shampoo is a must to keep brassiness at bay. This shampoo smells amazing, and keeps yellow tones out of my hair without damaging sulfates or disrupting my hair pattern. 

3. Not Your Mother’s Matcha Green Tea & Wild Apple Blossom Nutrient Rich Butter Masque. A hair mask that doesn’t weigh your hair down but still provides crucial deep moisture can be really hard to find; I struggled for years with greasy hair after numerous masks. But this one is light, creamy, and smells heavenly; I like to use it to detangle my hair in the shower once a week for max moisture. 

4. Garnier Pure Clean Styling Gel. I know, I know, the idea of gel in my hair used to freak me out too. But when you mix it with a leave-in cream and scrunch it through your hair, you’ll be amazed at the definition your waves have. Plus, at $3.49 for a tube, it’s a pretty good deal.

5. Deva Curl Scalp & Curl Revitalizer. Second or third day waves tend to be limp and sad after a few days of wear and tossing around in your sleep. This spray perks them right back up, and smells amazing (to mask the smell of your dry shampoo, I know girl, we’ve all been there).

Journalism major. I like dogs, poetry, and iced coffee, in that order. 
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.