This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Cruelty-free makeup doesn’t have to come with exorbitant price tags! Here are some great, tried-and-true drugstore cruelty-free options.

1. Catrice Prime and Fine Mattifying Waterproof Powder. I am an oily-skinned girl, and my makeup tends to slide off very quickly; this powder prevents that, and keeps me shine-free and fresh for a long time.

2. The Ordinary Serum Foundation. This foundation comes in many shades, is light-weight, and has a beautiful, natural finish. I love it for everyday or a special event. 

3. Colourpop Super Shock Blush. This blush comes in a range of finishes and shades, and applies in a unique cream-to-powder formula. It’s natural-looking, but it’s also beautiful when built up. I recommend the shade “Birthday Suit.”

4. Wet ‘n’ Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette. I panic everytime I hit pan on this product, because it’s one of the only amazing drugstore contours that don’t look ashy or muddy. The highlight is also incredibly flattering. 

5. E.L.F. Baked Highlighters. This is some of the most potent highlight on the market right now, and comes in a few beautiful shades for any skin-tone. I recommend the shade “Moonlight Pearls.”

Journalism major. I like dogs, poetry, and iced coffee, in that order. 
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.