This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

In my humble opinion, every person should go to Paris at least once in their life. Here is the five day itinerary you need to follow to have a fabulous trip:

To have a more stress free trip it is recommended to book a lot of things in advance, whether it is the entrances to museums, public transportations passes, or the transport from the airport to the hotel. Not only is it less stress because you booked things in advance but it also comes out cheaper! 

Once you land in Paris, you should find your transport waiting spot, there will be a lot of drivers with signs so be vigilant for your reservation name. Once you check in to your hotel, freshen up and explore your area. Depending on the time you arrive you should grab either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. 

On the second day, wake up and get ready for the day. Have some delicious breakfast at buvette. I recommend the waffle sandwich, it is incroyable. Afterwards you should walk around the streets of the area where buvette is. There is a lot of jewelry stores and thrift shops, and let us not forget the delicious bakeries and cheese shops! After looking at some shops, you should make your way to the city center. I recommend you walk so you can explore around the city. But once you are in the city center try and get a double decker bus tour around paris, if you haven’t already pre-booked it. They take you around all the historical buildings, statues, areas. They provide you with headphones you can plug into these radios where it’s a ‘guided’ tour. A lot of these buses let you do a hop off/hop on, where you can get on and off to explore the places. You just have to beware for when the next bus comes so that you can hop back on. During this time, you should definitely get a bite to eat! Around the city center, there are plenty of restaurants. Later, make your way back to your hotel, freshen up, and grab some dinner and some drinks.

On the third day after waking up and getting ready, walk over to the city center and go to the Louvre, take pictures, admire the beautiful paintings. It is a huge building and there is so much art, so prepare to send some time there. Once you get to the Mona Lisa painting, be prepared for the long wait if you want to get a close up of the painting. Once you are done touring the Louvre inside, go take pictures at the courtyard of the Louvre. It is beautiful and there is a beautiful fountain. Also, don’t forget the pictures at the front of the Louvre! But be prepared for all the hecklers. There will be so many trying to sell you things. After the Louvre and the pictures, go to ‘Loup’ for lunch and get some delicious steak and fries. After, explore more of the city center and get a Nutella crepe for a sweet treat. 

On the fourth day after getting ready, put on a cute outfit for pictures at the Eiffel Tower. Depending on the shoes you decided to wear either get an uber over to the Eiffel Tower or walk to the Eiffel Tower. Once at the Eiffel Tower be prepared to wait in line for about 30 minutes to buy your ticket for the trip up the tower. They do have a student discount so be sure to use that! Once in the elevator, they make stops in certain floors so you can enjoy the view from different heights, and different views so don’t forget to get pictures in every floor. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait to get back on the elevators but not too bad. Beware at the top of the Eiffel Tower; it is so windy! After the tour of the Eiffel Tower, get ready to take pictures. After, have dinner at the best casual restaurant in my humble opinion, Mokus L’Écureuil. 

On the fifth day, try and head to Versaille. The trip from Paris to Versaille is about an hour away. The best way to get there would be by train. Once there take lots of pictures and plan to be there for a while. After, come back to the hotel and get ready for dinner. You should have dinner on the Seine river; try and get a seat by the windows so you can have a nice view. It is worth every penny. The dinner consists of a prefixed meal and unlimited wine! Try and get some picture while at dinner. The boat moves at a very slow speed but manages to go back and forth from one end of the river to the next end. Cap off the night at ‘Dirty Dicks’ with a few drinks and dances. 

I hope your trip is as fabulous as mine was! Au revoir and bon voyage.

Hi :) I am a first generation college student who loves pop culture. I am Mexican American and a Texas native, who plans to be an elementary teacher by December 2023.