This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

HerCampusUNT is proud to announce one of our makeup artists, Sarah Britton AKA SarahJBeauty, for our Beauty In Me event. She is a makeup enthusiast that encourages confidence and self-love. We recently asked her questions in order to get to know her, her motivations and her plans for the future!

How long have you been doing makeup? I have been doing makeup for about 2 1/2 years now. I honestly haven’t been counting! I actually started not really being serious about it all, but turns out I was actually pretty good at it!

How did you get into doing makeup? I got into makeup because I went through this period of where I didn’t see myself as beautiful and makeup was becoming more popular than it had ever been. I had a friend at the time who was really into makeup, and she kind of ignited the passion for me. I started just practicing on myself and got really good and people just started asking me to do their makeup and it started from there. Now I’m doing makeup and hair which is pretty awesome!

I heard you are a UNT alum. What did you major in? Yes, I graduated Fall 2017 with a Bachelors of Science in Rehabilitation Studies.

Who are your role models in the beauty community? Hmm. This is a hard one. There’s a YouTuber with the name “faceovermatter” though her real name is Jay, and I really like her. She puts God first in everything she does and I truly admire that, especially with her platform. Another person I would say is Courtney Adeleye, who is the founder of the Mane Choice. She’s role model for me in the same reasons. She also a freaking boss and is really dedicated and stands behind what she does, and making that money at the same time!! My last role model is Shayla. I just LOVE her. She is so real and isn’t afraid to be who she is, and she also motivates her followers to be the best they can be! She really encourages everyone and lets them know that they can do anything they put their minds to, especially anything concerning beauty. These women are all BOSSES and that’s really lit.

What’s your definition of beauty? Beauty to me is pure confidence in who God has individually created us to be. It’s sticking to yourself even when no one around you understands what you do, how you do it or why. Beauty is not only being okay with the outside, but also the inside! It’s unapologetically wearing bright pink eyeshadow to go to Walmart even though some may say you’re doing too much. Beauty is encouraging and empowering. It comes in many different forms, and it’s contagious! By all of us being our own definition of beauty we encourage each other to always find the beauty in everything!

What are some of your goals for the future? Ironically my goals have nothing to do with what I do. I love what I do, but ultimately I’m on an assignment given by God. I do have goals like eliminating all my debt by the time I’m 30, growing my hair to my tailbone, making sure my mom is set for life, and just being financially stable. But I understand that all this revolves around Gods will and that it will happen in his time! I would love to own a salon one day, but who knows!

What advice do you have for our readers? Don’t let others ideas of what they think you should be influence who you actually want to be! Be YOU always, and don’t say sorry for it!

You can find Sarah on her Instagram @sarahjx__, on snapchat @sarahhbritton and on Twitter @sarahhbritton_. Be sure to come see Sarah and all our other beauty enthusiasts on April 19th, 2018 at our Beauty In Me event!

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.