Are You Ready for Pumpkin Season? Here is a GREAT Recipe to Start Off this Fall.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

I understand that the PSL has already made its way back into Starbucks’ doors, but if you are the epitome of a broke college student, this recipe is for you! This recipe was a huge life saver for me when I was a sophomore at the University of Arkansas. I was trying to find out my lil’ sister in my sorority and had a small budget, but these were easy, cheap, delicious, and fun! The amazing recipe would be for no-bake pumpkin cheesecake balls and can be found on Pinterest and trickodir.me.

This recipe can be done within $11.00 – $25.00, depending on where you purchase each ingredient as well as if you really do your coupon and deal hunting online and offline. The ingredients for this are as followed:

• 2 ½ cups of white chocolate chips divided
  • ¾ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
  • ½ cup pumpkin purée
  • 6 oz cream cheese
  • ¼ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice

When buying all of the items to make this recipe, I looked at the two closest places, Walmart and Target.

ITEM

Walmart

Target

White chocolate chips

$4.48

$3.49

Vanilla wafer

$6.00

$0.48

Pumpkin puree

$3.16

$0.91

Cream cheese

$0.80

$0.85

Powdered sugar

$1.32

$1.39

Pumpkin pie spice

$3.92

$2.39

Surprisingly, Target had better prices than Walmart and I am so happy about this because saving money is key! Next thing I did was get in my kitchen and start making these little delights. 

First step is to take the ½ cup of white chocolate chips and melt them. Secondly, and while the chocolate is melting, mix the vanilla wafer crumbs, puree, cream cheese, sugar, and spices together. You can either use your muscle power or a food processor/blender. The third step is to add the melted white chocolate to already mixed ingredients and blend again for about 2-3 minutes. Next, taste the mix to see if you need to add any more sugar. Then, place the mixture into a bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. If this amount of time makes the dough feel squishy, freeze for 15- 30 more minutes. Next, place wax paper on a cookie sheet and take out the chilled dough. Make the dough into ball form, about a spoonful. Melt the remaining chocolate and dip the balls into it. Next, refrigerate to let the melted chocolate set. Lastly, enjoy them yourself because you did a great job and deserve some sugar!

ENJOY!

Hospitality Industry University of North Texas '20
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.