6 songs for when you wanna feel like THAT girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

I’m pretty sure all of us have our bad days, of course. There are days that I feel way different- sad even. Days where I feel like I’m off track or shoulder be doing more. Going to the gym, waking up early, and eating healthy are some of the things I sometimes feel like I should be doing more often. When I think that way, I try to find ways to make myself feel better; more confident. Below are my top 6 songs for when I want a boost of energy or when I wanna feel like the main character.

• 1. Fue Mejor- Kali Uchis Ft. Sza / This song NEVER fails to put me in a good mood. It makes me wanna do my hair and makeup and get ready to go out with my friends. I feel like we all need a song that gives us a sort of ecstatic feeling and this is the one just for that.
  • 2. Megans Piano- Megan Thee Stallion / I feel like all of us need at least ONE Megan Thee Stallion song within our playlists. Megan is very body positive and I feel she embodied that in this song.
  • 3. Streets- Doja Cat / Miss Doja is the best at making me feel like there is not another girl like me. Of course, nobody is the same, but it makes me feel like I’m on top of the entire world. Kind of like how I feel when I hear the only girl in the world by Riri, but that’s a different story.
  • 4. De Nadie- Kali Uchis / I love how Kali Uchis wrote this song. In the song, she basically sings about how she only belongs to herself and nobody else. I feel like all the girlies should be able to learn to be theirs only and then share a small part of themselves with their S.O.
  • 5. Floating- Alina Baraz Ft. Khalid / This song feels exactly like the title. It literally makes me feel like I’m floating. The melody, her voice, the contrast; it’s beautiful. Listen to it with your earphones in (it makes a difference).
  • 6. Obsessed- Mariah Carey / This one needs no explanation. We all can agree that this is made for when you wanna feel fire.

The above songs make me feel some type of way when it comes to my personality, my body, my spirituality, and just overall myself. They make me feel like self-love takes you on a path that is only made for you. This took me a long time to realize. Your biggest love comes from within yourself, so make sure you always have different songs on go to remind yourself who you are. I hope these made you feel some type of way like they do me and I hope you add them to your playlist!

Hello! I am in my third year at UNT majoring in Criminal Justice! I am also married, which is what made me want to join HerCampus and is also a little unusual considering not many college students are married. I also have 5 dogs at home! They are my adoration and absolute babies! I believe by joining HerCampus is a great way to speak on important topics like marrying during college and how I stay in shape even though I juggle so many things at one time. Super excited to be a part of this great organization!