5 Unique Gifts to Give Your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Valentine’s Day is stereotypically a day filled with roses, chocolate, teddy bears, and hearts. However, for those nonconventional people like me, these items may not be the most appealing to give to your friends or significant other. So here are a few unique gifts to give to your Valentine to show just how much you love them!

A map of the world. Order a beautiful world map from uncommongoods or Amazon and present it to your loved on with a box of thumbtacks or nails. This is the perfect, sentimental way to plot where the two of you have been or want to travel together. It reminds you of beautiful memories you’ve made together but also gives you somewhere to look forward to in the future. Plus, this is a gift you can keep forever and continuously add onto as you grow, move, or travel!

A spa day. Sure, we all love getting gifts, but we love being pampered, too. There is nothing more thoughtful than giving someone the gift of peace and relaxation. As college students, we are all stressed out and have little to no time to get a massage, mani/pedi, or anything else. Give your loved one a spa certificate this Valentine’s Day so they can relax and enjoy. The best part of this gift is there are many groupons available for local salons that don’t expire! Your loved one can enjoy their spa day at their convenience, and maybe they’ll even take you along. 

Your favorite romance book/movie. This one fits in with the “love” theme of the day, and it’s also a way your Valentine can look into your heart. A person’s favorite romance novel or movie says sooo much about them, in my opinion, and your significant other will definitely enjoy having a tangle piece of you. Plus, if it’s a movie, you can always experience it together. Write them a cute note as to why this movie or book is your favorite, seal it with a kiss, and you’re good to go!

A memory box full of movie stubs, pictures, old letters, message, and anything and everything that’s been apart of your relationship. This gift will remain a keepsake in their lives as they look back on your time together and remember everything you’ve been through! Plus, they can continue to add to it as time goes on. 

Last, but certainly not least, a love letter. There is nothing more meaningful to a girl than when her significant other write down their feelings for her. Especially for men, this is can be a challenging task. But I promise you, she will appreciate this little gift so much more than jewelry or candy or flowers. A love letter is an expression of the heart, and there’s nothing more beautiful than sharing that on this special day. 

What are you getting your significant other for Valentine’s Day? 

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.