mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Swimsuits to Suit Your Body Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

With summer just around the corner, you may be searching for the perfect swimsuit to hit the beach in. While fun colors and patterns may be what you’re looking for, it’s important to keep your body type in mind. A bandeau may be your best fit, while your friend’s might be a bikini. Confused as to what will work for you? Here are some tips to keep you looking good all summer long.

Athletic girls: add feminine details like triangle tops that will emphasize your bust or ruffles to spice things up.

If you’re bigger on the bottom, try a suit that’s high-cut on the sides to lengthen your legs and maybe a tankini to emphasize your long torso. High-cut has been making a comeback for a while, and swimsuits are no exception. This is also great for girls who have a short torso!

For lanky girls and girls who wish for more curves: think detail. Front-tie tops, ruffles, halter-tops with wild prints, and stringy bikini bottoms. This will add attention to your shape and create curves that aren’t really there.

We’re all guilty of having a little pooch left over from those winter months. It’s easy to draw attention away from your stomach with chevron stripes and ruffled waistbands that sit higher on your waist.

Happy swimming!

Photos: 1/2/3/4