The New Way To Stay Safe In Every Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Have you ever wanted to do something – maybe go on a road trip with your friends, study abroad, or hike solo up a mountain? Has a fear of something happening stopped you from doing it? In today’s world, it is easy to have fears when you’re outside of the comfort of your home (ahem, the Taken movies!).  But this fear doesn’t have to control your life thanks to Wearsafe, a new personal safety system. 

Wearsafe is a small “tag” that you can put anywhere – on your keys, backpack, or the waistband of your pants for example. The tag is waterproof, so you can take it wherever. 

If you need help or feel like you’re in danger, just press the tag. An alert is then sent out to the people you choose to be in your network. The tag sends out information on your location, records audio, and can even connect you to a group chat to help the right help get to you as soon as possible. The tag is discreet, so nobody that is physically around you will know if you’ve called for help in a risky situation. 

Along with the tag, Wearsafe also comes with an app. You can use the app just like the tag to send out alerts, too.

What’s great about Wearsafe is that it can be used even in a minor situations – say you went out with your friends, lost your phone, and don’t know where you are. Press the tag, send out an alert, and your responders will be connected to each other and you to find the best possible solution to help you. Or, maybe you fell on a hike and think you broke your foot. Instead of trying to fumble around and find your phone (it’s probably dead anyhow, right?) just press your Wearsafe tag. 

The people you choose to be in your network have completely free access to the app and will receive all your information and location details free of charge. The tag costs just $5 per month, and you can even try it completely risk-free. That’s the price of a latte! A truly minimal amount to give you peace of mind and more confidence to go out and do the things you’ve always wanted to. Check out Wearsafe here, and be on the lookout for a Wearsafe giveaway from Her Campus UNL! Happy exploring, ladies.

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter.