This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

I have oily acne-prone skin. So moisturizing is a difficult part of my skincare routine. I hated doing it until I found this product. I tried it and I am never going back!

Rose water has been a recent trend and for good reason. The light product is perfect for many beauty and health uses. I discovered my love for rose water in my face care routine. My favorite rose water is the Facial Spray with aloe, herbs, and rosewater by Mario Badescu. I bought an 8 oz. bottle from Ulta beauty for less than $15. They even have 4 oz. bottles for less than $10. Compared to other high-quality brands, the price is great for the outcome. I bought my bottle last year and I still have it! And I will definitely be buying another when I inevitably run out.

I have oily and acne-prone skin. If you have oily or mixed skin, you know the struggle of finding the moisturizing balance. If you don’t moisturize, you risk your body overcompensating and producing excess oil, leading to acne. If you moisturize, you risk clogging your pores, leading to acne. When I embarked on the journey for an effective moisturizer, I needed something that worked, is natural, and light.

Rose water is a well-known moisturizer. The aloe and other herbs in the product also have cooling and moisturizing effects. The bottle is a spray bottle so I just spray it three times on my face and rub it in to absorb the rose water. It is super quick and easy. The ingredients are all very light, so it doesn’t feel like I’m caking a bunch of lotion onto my skin and clogging my pores. It also makes adding makeup on top feel not as heavy as regular face lotion does. A bonus effect is that it literally smells like roses. And who doesn’t love smelling like roses?

I tried Mario Badescu Rose Water and I will not be going back. My face is able to stay moisturized and soft all day without being weighed down by heavy lotions. Plus my face smells like roses! I have also noticed that I have much fewer breakouts than before using this product consistently. So if you are looking for the perfect balance in your facial moisturizer, pick up a bottle of Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water.

Halie is a junior double majoring in Political Science and Economics. She likes to spend her time watching Netflix documentaries, following politics, and hanging out with her cat Luna. This is her third year writing for UNL Her Campus and her second year as the Campus Correspondent for the chapter.