Meet the Staff: Liz Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Meet the Staff is back, and this week we talked to one of our new freshman members, Liz Friend. She’s a sweet gal who loves the big city. 

Major?

Speech Language Pathology

Year in school/Hometown?

I’m a freshman and I’m from Omaha!

Dream career?

My dream job is to work with kids as a Speech Language Pathologist, hopefully in a big city!

Favorite place you’ve ever visited?

My favorite place I’ve ever visited is probably Chicago, only because I’ve never been to New York.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure is One Direction… they’re still together in our hearts. <3

If you could watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

If I could only watch one movie for the rest of my life it would definitely be He’s Just Not That Into You. It’s a classic.

Favorite place in Lincoln?

My favorite place in Lincoln right now has to be my bed.

Are you a “go with the flow” type person or more of a planner?

I’m definitely more of a planner; I started planning my schedule for Fall 2017 like four months ago.

Best college experience so far?

My best college experience so far would be joining Camp Kesem as a counselor; it’s something I’m really excited about!

What’s your advice to an incoming freshman?

Get as involved as you can as early as you can! It’s a big school but it will feel so much smaller once you get involved.

What are you looking forward to after graduation?

After graduation, I’m looking forward to hopefully travel out of the country for the first time! I’d love to go to Spain or Italy.

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter. 
Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter