Meet “Campus Cat”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

If you are a regular on UNL’s campus, then there is no doubt you are familiar with the “campus cats”. You are walking to your night class and you see glowing eyes lurking towards you. You are walking to your car after a long night at work and there is a friend waiting for you behind your tire. You are walking to your friend’s dorm after dinner and hear purring in the bushes. You may think you are going crazy but it is just the “campus cat” doing what it does. Meet “Campus Cat”. 

What are you involved in on campus?

I like to stroll the bushes and watch the pedestrians from a far. I often hang out with my friends at night between buildings or by the union. I am not too interested in sports, academics, or even the students. I just find myself lost on campus trying to find a place to fit in.

What is your favorite part about UNL?

My favorite thing about UNL are the many trashcans located all over campus. They provide a great snack at night when my tummy is rumbling. I also enjoy the dozens of bushes all over campus. They are great for hiding from all the students and staff and make for great naps during the days. 

What are you majoring in?

Currently, I am majoring in Psychology learning how to help my fellow cat friends cope with being the outcasts on the campus. 

What are your plans for the future?

Well, right now I plan to keep creeping around campus, hiding in bushes, and increasing my fan base all around the student body.