Jake Placzek ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: Jake Placzek
Year: Senior   
Hometown: Omaha, NE        
Major: Business Administration
Relationship Status:  Single
Campus Involvement/Activities: Intramural football and basketball

HC: What do you like to do in your free time; any hobbies/interests?
Jake: I love just kickin’ back and hangin’ with my friends more than anything.  I also can’t get enough Husker football in my life.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Jake: I don’t really know where my career path will take me, but I’d preferably like to settle down in Nebraska with a wife and kids and have a job that I love waking up for every morning (and one that pays well so I can spoil my wife all the time).

HC: Describe your dream girl, or what you look for in a girl.
Jake: I’m looking for a girl that I always know I can have a good time with, but also a relationship where we each have mutual respect for each other.  A girl that’s pretty much my best friend when it comes down to it; one who I can share pretty much anything with and laughs at at least half of my unfunny jokes.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
Jake: Australia for sure, so I could pick up a nice accent.

HC: If you could change something about yourself, would you? And what would it be?
Jake: My dancing skills.  It’s hard to watch…

HC: Any pet peeves?
Jake:  When people overuse the words “totes” and “probs.”

HC: What’s your worst fear?
Jake: Snakes and heights

HC: We’ve all had embarrassing moments… Care to share any of yours?
Jake: I’ll always remember breaking my ankle on the slip’n’slide at my friend’s cabin.  That was embarrassing.

HC: What has been your favorite class at UNL?
Jake: Even though I’m a business major, English 100 with Dr. Geocke has been my favorite.  The class was mostly dedicated to books about WWII and the Holocaust, which really interested me.  My professor was very passionate about his teaching.

HC: Summer is soon approaching!  Any exciting plans this year?
Jake: Going to the cabin as much as possible.  I can’t wait to go fishing and boating again.

HC: And of course I have to ask, what’s your favorite part of being a Husker?
Jake: I really like not being too far away from home and my family, and the fact that all of us Huskers really share a sense of comradery between each other.  There’s no place like Nebraska.

Okay, think fast!

Favorite food: Cheeseburger
Celeb crush: Eva Mendes
Favorite movie: “Heavyweights”
Biggest turn off: Girls that are always trying to start drama
Superpower: Definitely flying