Campus Cutie of the Week: Michael Nguyen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: Michael Nguyen

Hometown: Lincoln Nebraska

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Music Education

Campus Involvement: I am involved in a buttload of music stuff at school. The most noteworthy ones probably being Rocktavo one of UNL’s all male a cappella groups, and the Cornhusker Marching Band. I also have done some intramural flag football for a few seasons.

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Spontaneous, quirky, rambunctious

Describe your personal style.

I usually will dress pretty basic, a nice t-shirt and a nice zip-up hoodie. Bright-ish colors usually.

What’s your favorite movie?

I seriously loathe these favorite questions, ha. I’ll keep it old school and go with Holes

Favorite musician? 

Oh gosh this question is so tough. Well I guess for this I’ll say Ryan Tedder, I love his singing with OneRepublic and his songwriting is amazing.

Favorite place to go downtown? 

I really like Ivanna Cone, they have THE best ice cream ever.

Play any instruments? 

For my major I have to learn a little bit of everything. I mainly play saxophone and sing, but I’m fairly decent at flute, clarinet, baritone, and piano.

What do you look for in a girl? 

Oh jeez, this question? Haha, welp. Uh I guess confidence is a big one. Just be comfortable with who you are and stick up for what you believe in. Be nice and genuine and have something in common with me, that’s all I can ask for!

Tell me a little known fact about you. 

I have never eaten ranch, and I refuse to. I find it absolutely disgusting.

What’s your biggest pet peeve? 

People who are rude; just be pleasant and I will try my best to return the favor.

Describe a typical day at UNL.

A typical day at UNL would be barely making it to my first class, and then staying at the music school to finish out my day until about 7-8 at the earliest, it’s a busy life! Then I make time for dinner, friends, relaxation, and whatever else.

Any resolutions for 2013? 

To organize my life a little bit more. I have a bunch of small goals that I need to keep straight, and I need to make time for them by staying organized.