Caleb Kolb ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: Caleb Kolb
Year: Redshirt Junior
Hometown: Grove City, PA
Major: Communication Studies
Relationship Status:  Single
Campus Involvement/Activities: Husker Wrestling, Heartland Big Brothers/Big Sisters, FCA

This week’s “Campus Cutie” may have the title of a Husker wrestler, but I quickly discovered that he’s much more than that.  I was laughing within seconds of starting the interview, which didn’t even seem like an interview because he was so friendly & outgoing.  So, ladies, if you’re looking for an easy-going guy with a big personality (and who likes to “shake his groove thing”), look no further!  Keep reading to find out more about this “Cutie.”

HC: What do you like to do in your free time; any hobbies/interests?
Caleb: I like to just hang out with my friends and be outside.  I also really like to dance—swing dance, especially.

HC: How long have you been wrestling; and what’s your favorite part about it?
Caleb: Since 7th grade, so quite a while.  Wrestling is a very rewarding sport; you get out what you put into it.  The whole lifestyle of it—your body, what you eat, everything—I like it all.  I like wrestling for Nebraska too because the crowd gets so into it, so winning at home is really fun.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Caleb: I just want to be happy really.  Hopefully I have a job doing what I love.  I’ll probably do something in business or sales, or maybe even invent something that makes millions.  And let’s see, I’d be 32…guess I should probably be married by then.  But there’s a lot I want to pack in before that.

HC: Describe your dream girl, or what you look for in a girl.
Caleb: She’s gotta have a sense of humor…obviously.  Maybe someone who’s a little athletic; not an athlete, but just someone who cares about their health.  She has to have a personality and is willing to be very outgoing because I’m very outgoing.  She should just like to have fun, dance, shake it with me.  She can’t mind being outdoors—camping, rock climbing, stuff like that.  Oh, and she has to like dogs.  I have one named Simba and he’s the best thing in the world.  Gotta love dogs.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
Caleb: I’m going to Australia this summer with the organization International Student Volunteers, so I’m very excited for that.  My brother lives in Germany, so I’d like to go there some day.   It’d be awesome to go to Mt. Everest…and climb it.  Maybe I can make a stop back in Pennsylvania to visit my family too, and get some wings at Strikers, a place with the best wings in PA…and anywhere.

HC: If you could change something about yourself, would you? And what would it be?
Caleb: I’d probably leave myself the same.  But if anything, I’d fix my cauliflower ear. 

HC: Any pet peeves?
Caleb: I’m really easy going, so it’s pretty hard to upset me.  But I don’t like when people are rude for no reason. 

HC: What’s your worst fear?
Caleb: That I’ll go to the bathroom at night and the seat will be up, and I’ll fall in.

HC: We’ve all had embarrassing moments… Care to share any of yours?
Caleb: I have one just from the other day.  Well, actually, I have tons.  I was getting out of my truck and I opened the door, put my weight on my left foot, started to fall in slow motion, had my forearm on the door handle and my other  hand on the seat, and then I just dropped to the ground and got covered in dirty snow. 

HC: Spring break is coming up soon!  Any plans?
Caleb: You know what, we have nationals the same week.  Last year was the only year we got to have a spring break, so I went to Boulder, Colorado and Lake Havasu in Arizona.  It was probably the best 8 days [in a row] I’ve ever had.

HC: And of course I have to ask, what’s your favorite part of being a Husker?
Caleb: I like being able to represent Nebraska.  I also like to randomly yell “Go Big Red!”  The friends and teammates that I’ve met here are awesome too.

Okay, think fast!

Favorite food:  Can I have more than one?  Hibachi chicken, steak & potatoes, pizza, animal crackers
Celeb crush: Cameron Diaz (A little old for me, but oh well.)
Favorite movie: Boondock Saints and A Knight’s Tale
Biggest turn off: Conceitedness
Superpower: Instant food & drink, and to never get overweight