Ben Coenen ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: Ben Coenen    
Year: Junior
Hometown: Omaha, NE
Major: Pre-Dentistry/Chemistry & Math
Relationship Status:  Single
Campus Involvement/Activities: Pre-Dental Club and  a TA for Chemistry 109 & 110

This week’s “Campus Cutie” doesn’t have any Valentine’s Day plans, ladies!  Don’t be shy!

HC: What do you like to do in your free time; any hobbies/interests?
Ben: I love to fish, workout, run, and I’m always playing the acoustic guitar.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Ben: Hopefully (crossing my fingers) I’ll be married, have 4 kids (5 if she’ll let it happen), and be a successful doctor of dental surgery.

HC: Describe your dream girl, or what you look for in a girl.
Ben: Well… she would definitely need to have a pretty smile, a fun personality, is easy to talk to, a little shy, cute (obviously), and I think it’s alright to even be a little weird.  I like that.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
Ben: There are so many places I want to travel to and visit, but if I had to choose one, I would have to say exploring the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia. I think going deep sea diving would be a lot of fun; it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.

HC: If you could change something about yourself, would you? And what would it be?
Ben: Umm, I probably wear a little more cologne than I should.  I always seem to be in a low supply because of it.

HC: We’ve all had embarrassing moments… Care to share any of yours?
Ben: One of my really pretty friends texted me one night and was being really conversational, and I hadn’t really talked to her in a while, so I thought it was a little strange.  But for the next couple months we texted back and forth almost every other day, but never hung out until we decided to study at the library together one night.  Turns out, when I showed up to study she realized she had been texting the wrong “Ben” contact in her phone for the last 2 months.  It was a good feeling.

HC: Valentine’s Day is in just a few days—any plans?!
Ben: Yeah, about that… not looking good.

HC: And of course I have to ask, what’s your favorite part of being a Husker?
Ben: Game day!

Okay, think fast!

Favorite food: Red Mango FroYo
Celeb crush: Taylor Swift 
Favorite movie: Honestly, it’s The Notebook (Ya, I know)
Biggest turn off: A girl that’s way too into herself
Superpower: Super speed