10 Halloween Costumes Perfect for Groups

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

No matter what age you are, it’s always a blast to dress up for Halloween. If you’re trick-or-treating or heading out to a party you’ll definitely want to have a costume that is the envy of everyone on the street. Setting high standards for Halloween costumes since 1995 has been my area of expertise and I know sometimes it can be difficult to find something to wear. With Duct tape, cardboard, and colorful paper or markers on your side, here are 10 awesome ideas for simple, cheap, and fast Halloween costumes that work great in a group or on your own. Go crazy and enjoy!

1. What’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word Halloween? For most people it’s candy. So what better way to celebrate the holiday than to dress up as your favorite candy bar or snack food?

2. As the technological world continues to make advances, it provides us with infinite costume possibilities. This year dress as your favorite social media app, brand logo, or smart phone.

3. Get creative with your costume this year. Dress with a partner as two things people wouldn’t necessarily think to put together like Nerds and a nerd or a red bull and a can of RedBull.

4. Who doesn’t love raiding their grandparents’ closets and searching through things that used to be trendy? Maybe instead of sifting through their clothes you could just borrow them for a day and dress as senior citizens.

5. Though it may require a little more effort than some people have time for, a very intriguing and sure smash hit at a party would be a black and white or old fashion cartoon costume to set you apart.

6. Everyone had a favorite game to play as a kid so why not embrace that and dress as dominoes or Tetris pieces with a group of friends.

7. Who says bigger isn’t better? If you have six or more friends that don’t know what to do for Halloween, convince them to dress as a giant beer pong set or a 6 pack of soda with you and make yourselves a new form of entertainment.

8. Throw it back this year and dress as characters from your favorite movie. They could be the Trolls, Smurfs, Oompa Loompas, or anything else that would be easy to do in a large or small group.

9. Mario Kart and Pacman are two very well known video games that would be instantly recognizable. Sure it may take time to coordinate who gets to be the hero and villain, but once it’s figured out you’re good to go and can include a large and diverse group of people.

10. Finally, if it comes down to crunch time, just rock whatever you got. Whether you pretend to be a Throwback Thursday picture on Instagram and rock your old high school dance team or football uniform, dress as a hipster, or dress as a nudist on strike just own your last second costume and don’t let anyone make you feel guilty about it.

Whether you combine these ideas or follow them to a T, don’t forget that you’re just dressing up so you can enjoy yourself this holiday and have fun. So rock what you got this year, have a blast, and be safe and savvy. 

Photos: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10