Campus Celebrity : Michele Guyette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Union chapter.

HC: What is your major?

MG: I’m a neuroscience major, focusing on the bioscience track, and a Spanish minor.

HC: Wow, so impressive! What sports teams and clubs are you involved with on campus?

MG: I’m a member of the women’s lacrosse team. I also enjoy participating in the Spanish Club and USustain!

HC: How is volunteering at hospice?

MG: It’s my favorite extracurricular to participate in because I get to meet new people every shift. In addition, the patients in the Joan Nicole Prince Home are so sweet and it is so interesting to learn about their lives and accomplishments. I would recommend it to anyone; they are always looking for volunteers!

HC: You have been abroad multiple times, where and when did you go? What were your favorite activities at these places, so far?

MG: Winter break of my sophomore year I spent three weeks in Córdoba, Spain and traveled to multiple cities in the country. Of course that was amazing because I am studying Spanish so to travel there and fully experience the language was amazing! My favorite city in Spain was Granada because of the youth culture; it was so fun and exciting. I definitely am going to go back to Spain this fall while I am abroad in York, England. Just getting out each day and walking around the cities and seeing things for the first time ever is my favorite, just because how often do you experience things for the first time anymore!?

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

MG: In five years, I hope to be coming out of Physicians Assistant School where I can work with a doctor at a practice!