The Hippinista: Floral Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

I have always wondered why everything goes straight to gloomy and dark during winter? Why not wear florals and brights all year round? I love to keep my florals cycling through every season, no matter the conditions. I joke that I wear the exact same clothes during summer.. only in winter I add the tights. In most cases, it is very true. I had to get more creative since I have found a love for anti-denim jeans. I have never been a fan of jeans growing up because of how low the styles were. I still wore them. Now that I am in college I have stopped wearing jeans although they pop up once in awhile on colder days. It is fun to create different outfits that do not revolve around those denims. Florals have definitely played a huge role in my wardrobe and I feel that keeping them during winter is a must! Here is my outfit for the weekend!

Giamattista Valli Dress.. One like it here.
3.1 Phillip Lim Draped Blazer.. More found here.
Givenchy Envelope Clutch.. Check out Envelope Clutches at Asos.

What items do you like to wear all year-round? PS What are you all doing for the weekend!? I would love to hear!

Have a glorious weekend!
XX Hilary

(Photography found at Cognac and Coffee, Outfit made by me :))

Check out Hilary’s blog!
www.thehippinista.blogspot.com

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.