A Fashionably Royal Wedding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

As you (and everyone else in the world) knows, Kate and Will tied the knot yesterday in Buckingham Palace. Everything turned out to be absolutely perfect, from the weather to the kiss that pronounced them husband and wife – but what about the fashion? A wedding that cost around 50-80 billion dollars is bound to have the best of the best for everyone.

The Dress

Miss Catherine Middleton’s dress was designed by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen. After working closely with the designer to make sure she has the dress of her dreams, it ended up being just that. Lace, satin, and tulle, oh my! The dress was gorgeous and resembled Grace Kelly’s dress when she was married in 1956.

The Veil

Kate’s veil was made of ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers. She was event lent a “halo” tiara by The Queen, which has been in the family for years.

The Jewlery

Miss Middleton’s errangs, which were designed by Robinson Pelham, are diamond-set stylised oak leaves with a pear shaped diamond set drop and a pavé diamond acorn suspended in the centre. These were given to Kate as a gift from her parents.

The Shoes

Kate’s wedding shoes, which were made of ivory duchesse satin with lace embroidery by the Royal School of Needlework, were hand-made by the team at Alexander McQueen.

What did you think of Kate’s look on her special day?