Your 10 Netflix Classics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Here are some classic Netflix shows that can come in handy when you want to watch something but don’t know what to watch! These options can be pretty addictive, once you watch one episode, you end up watching an entire season in one sitting and usually having no regrets doing it!

1.     How to Get Away with Murder

I would classify this show as a drama/ murder mystery, no pun intended. It is about a criminal defense attorney Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) who teaches as a college professor, who chooses five students to work with her in a murder case, who soon become involved in it themselves.  

2.     Greys Anatomy

Definitely a medical drama kind of show. It is about a young intern named Meredith Grey who enters Seattle Grace Hospital and works her way up to becoming a top notch surgeon. But along the way seems to have more personal problems than medical ones.

3.     Orange is the New Black

A comedy drama series that explains the story of Piper Chapman who is arrested for working with drug money and goes to a women prison where she reunites with her friend Alex who was a part of the case and how they deal with their relationship and other inmates.

4.     Scandal

A drama, that is about Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) who was working for the white house as a communications director decides to create a crisis management firm that makes epic problems go away before they even get noticed. The secrets she tried to hide and fix are ones even she has a hard time dealing with.

5.     American Horror Story

Would have to say that this is horror. A family moves into an old restored mansion who encounter the haunted ghosts of previous owners which then begins to escalate throughout the seasons with involvement of witches, freak shows, asylum patients and a supernatural hotel.

6.     Friends

A classic comedy about 6 friends living in Manhattan whose lives they are still trying to get together. Beginning when Rachel Green, (Jennifer Aniston) runs away from her own wedding to start her life over and comes to see if her old friend Monica Gellar can help her.

7.     How I Met Your Mother

A great comedy about Ted Mosby, where he tells stories that include his four best friends and how he met his wife and the mother to his son and daughter.

8.     Breaking Bad

A drama about a high school chemistry teacher who finds out that he has stage 3 cancer and doesn’t have a lot of time left. He decides to take this opportunity and decides to get involved in drugs and crime where he then begins to sell and manufacture the products with the help of a former student to help and support his family.

9.     Parks and Recreation

A comedy that is based around Pawnee, Indiana and town council woman Leslie Knope, who, with the help of her eclectic group of coworkers tries to help and make their town a better place.

10.     The Walking Dead

A zombie apocalypse show that is about a former police officer, Rick Grimes, who wakes up from a coma and is in a zombie epidemic and finds out that his wife                 and son are gone. On the way to finding them, he picks up survivors that help him to take over the zombies.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!