Why we fell in love with Full House in the first place

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Everyone’s favorite family is making a comeback! The Tanner family of 90’s hit sitcom Full House will be making their return to the screen as the subject of the netflix series Fuller House. Almost all of the original cast is returning to reprise their roles with the exception of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen who played the youngest Tanner daughter, Michelle. The series will premiere on Netflix Friday February 26th. So here’s a few reminders of why we all fell in love with Full House in the first place!  

The catch phrases

Full House was filled with lots of memorable jokes and laughable moments. But what I believe all of us probably remember most about the show were these classic catchphrases from some of our favorite characters that were incorporated in almost all eight seasons of the show’s original run.

The perfect couple that was Uncle Jesse and Becky

Lets face it. Uncle Jesse and Becky were a pretty flawless couple. They were perfect for each other in the 90s. It was beyond adorable to watch them fall in love, get married and eventually start a family throughout the series. Now we get to see their relationship return to our screens and watch them as parents to their now teenage twins Nicky and Alex!! Awesome right?!

“Super Dad” Danny Tanner

Danny Tanner could always be counted on to sweep in at the end of an episode with words of wisdom or comfort with one of his famous “Dad talks” that were a staple throughout the series. He also brought a smile to our faces with his obsessive cleaning and attempts at being “hip.” I think it’s safe to say we’re all excited to see Danny return now as both a Dad and Grandfather!

Kimmy and DJ were the definition of friendship goals

Outside of the Tanner family members, the most memorable character was probably Kimmy Gibbler, DJ’s best friend and the Tanner’s neighbor. The bff’s faced the challenges of adolescence together and were there for each other in the best and worst of times. It wasn’t surprising to see them get into a bit of trouble together but a majority of the time they were brightening up our screens with their laughter. The pair definitely defined “friendship goals” throughout the course of the series. They grew up together on our screen and by the end of the series Kimmy definitely felt like an honorary Tanner! It’ll be exciting to see them reunite on Fuller House and navigate adulthood together as besties.

All the laughs

Nearly every episode of Full House included some kind of humour or joke. Throughout the series, each of the characters developed their own unique sense of humour. Whether it was Joey practicing his comedy, Steph teasing Kimmy or the sister’s sharing a moment. We were lucky enough to laugh alongside them for eight seasons and cannot wait to see all of the laughs Fuller House has in store for us!

The hugs

If Full House had to be described in one word I think I’d have to go with “heartwarming.” The show was a great example of how there’s no love quite like the love of family. It was commonplace to see the Tanner’s hugging one another reminding us that family will always be there through the good and the bad times. Fuller House will undoubtedly be filled with many more hugs and remind us of just how much this fictional family loves one another!

I hope this reminded you of how wonderful Full House was during its original run and got you excited to watch Fuller House which premieres on Netflix only February 26th!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!