This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As a senior in high school, I attended twenty college tours. I loved walking on every campus, getting to know every little thing that the campus had to offer while I was making the biggest decision in my life at the time. Every detail was crucial in determining where I wanted to spend my next four years. The tour that stuck out to me the most was the tour I had taken at UNH. I learned all about the Dairy Bar where UNH dairy production students make ice cream that is served to Durham. I learned all about the traditions that happen at a UNH hockey game, from the frozen fish to White-Out the Whitt. I went inside my first dorm room and my first academic building, both of which I would be spending most of my freshman year in. Once I took this tour, I knew UNH was the school I wanted to attend because on that tour I fell in love with it. 

Along with that tour, I knew that whatever school I wanted to go to I wanted to be a tour guide, and make other people fall in love with UNH the way that I did on my tour. I wanted everyone to know about my favorite spots on campus and my opinions and advice on any question they would have. I wanted to talk about all of my experiences that made me love college, and show everyone how much fun it is to go to UNH. Most importantly, I wanted to inspire other people on my tours that girls can major in a male dominated field, and that they can see someone doing it and know they can do it themselves. All representation is important on a tour, and that is why I became a tour guide at UNH. My tour of UNH was by far my favorite, and if I am able to help a prospective student find their new home for four years, I know I am doing my job. 

Boston, Mass UNH 22'