What Is Wrapped/Replay? Why Is Everyone Talking About Theirs?

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If you’ve been online within the past week or so, you’ve definitely noticed the abundance of music posts from either Spotify Wrapped or Apple Replay. Spotify Wrapped encapsulates the essence of your year in music. As the year goes on, Spotify compiles and presents a unique retrospective, offering the listener a front-row seat to their most-listened-to songs, artists, genres and more. It’s not just a recap; it’s a vivid snapshot of your musical identity, creating a sense of nostalgia and discovery as you reflect on the soundtrack of your life over the past year.

On the other hand, Apple Replay has been just as popular in the last few weeks. Apple Replay provides the listener with a personalized playlist that evolves throughout the year, dynamically updating based on their listening habits. Replay also invites the listener to dive into their musical archives and rediscover the magic of their favorites over the past year.

My Apple Replay:

Top Artists 

1. Taylor Swift
  2. Lana Del Rey
  3. Drake
  4. SZA
  5. Billy Joel
  6. J. Cole
  7. Fleetwood Mac
  8. Rihanna
  9. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie
  10. Nicki Minaj

Top Genres

1. Hip Hop
  2. Pop
  3. R&B/Soul 
  4. Pop Rock
  5. Alternative

Top Albums

1. SOS – SZA
  2. Midnights – Taylor Swift
  3. Endless Summer Vacation – Miley Cyrus
  4. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? – Lana Del Ray
  5. Certified Lover Boy – Drake 

Both Spotify Wrapped and Apple Replay are not just analytical tools. They are gateways to rediscover the emotions, memories and personal growth woven into the fabric of your musical journey within the last 12 months, offering a glimpse into the soundtrack of your life.

UNH CHHS 2025 Health Sciences & Kinesiology (603) 998-9746