Ways to Prepare (and Pamper!) Yourself for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am so over the cold weather. Finally, March has begun and that means spring is quickly approaching! As we prepare to say goodbye to winter jackets, gloves, winter boots, and hats, we welcome spring fashion and new looks. It’s time for fresh starts and clean slates (and yes, maybe a little pampering, too) both in our personal lives and in style! As the saying goes, “Spring is natures way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” and I’m totally a fan! So, here are some ways to welcome in the new season, where flowers are blooming, days are getting longer, and the weather is warming up:

[pagebreak]

1. Clean out the dull and long-lasted 2012 winter fashion trends and get some fresh new looks for spring. Bright colors and vibrant prints are a must!

[pagebreak]

2. Treat yourself to a pedicure! It’s been way too long since I’ve pampered myself with a pedicure, and there’s no way I’m going out in new cute wedges for spring without treating myself to a pedi first. After all the schoolwork and midterms we’ve been stressing lately, it’s also a great way to relax and unwind with some friends.

[pagebreak]

3. Lighten up! Nothing’s worse than feeling bored with your look, so why not try some highlights or, if you’re brave, try going a shade lighter with your hair color? Change can be scary, but also very refreshing. If dying your hair a full shade lighter seems like too much at once, try gradually lightening up a bit. Sometimes a little color is all you need to look and feel fabulous!

[pagebreak]

4. Get bronzed! As a former tanorexic, I am no longer a supporter of tanning beds, but I’m also not a fan of being pasty white! Soon the sun will be shining down on us and the vitamin D will naturally be darkening our skin, but until then, go for some bronzer, bronzing lotion, or spray tan. But be careful not to overuse these things; a little bit goes a long way.

[pagebreak]

5. Download some new music! There’s always a ton of new music coming out around spring promoting summer concerts, and nothing feels better than listening to some feel good music to prepare for the warmer weather. Whether it’s new songs for the walk to class, for the pregame, or for the car ride home for spring break, new music and freshening up the IPod playlist is something that often get’s forgotten about in the midst of our busy schedules. Personally, there’s nothing that get’s my mood up like a new, fresh playlist on my IPod.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!